Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Wednesday 3-17 Happy St. Patrick Day

 

Happy St. Patrick Day

Happy St. Patrick Day to everyone.

Monday, I wrote about getting an appointment for the Covid vaccine for tomorrow, today I was notified through a phone call, text and e-mail that they ran out of vaccine and rescheduled the appointment for next Wednesday. I was disappointed but at least Larry's still has his appointment tomorrow. The reason why Scott & White ran out was because they didn't receive as many doses from the county this week as last week. That's ok, I have an appointment for next week.

 

I'm disappointed 

 

We attended two virtual St. Patrick dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A2 at 11:00 for an hour and fifteen minutes. We had 38 participants. A lot of the dancers were in green to celebrate St. Patrick Day. Larry was dressed with yellow pants, green shirt with a green bow tie and a green hat. He looked great. I wore a green blouse with a green belly dance belt and a green hat. Dayle called five tips, the last tip was a full square tip. He did a super job of cueing through out all the tips. I was grateful because he put me in the right place. We had a great time.

Some of the dancers from Dayle's dance

The second dance was Doren McBroom's A2/C1 at 6:15 for an hour and a half. This week Doren invited Betsy Gotta to come and help call. Doren and Betsy each called two tips of A2 and two tips of C1. Some of the dancers wore green including us. We had 22 participants for A2 and 17 participants for C1. We had a wonderful evening dancing to Doren and Betsy and with friends.

 

 

Outfits we wore for Doren's St. Patrick dance

 

In between the dances I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Medium Mayhem of 27 games. It took me 1 hour and 24 minutes to complete, which put me in 7th place in my group. Then I played some Star Club Classic games (6 Pyramid, 10 Mixed II and 2 Mixed III). 

Larry is finishing up some cards. 

While we were relaxing we received an e-mail from Shirley (Larry's mom) thanking us for a clock that Larry made for her. It is really cute. Humpty Dumpty is all dressed up and sitting on a wall. With the exception of the clock mechanism it is made entirely from paper cardstock and can either be hung up or sat on a shelf.

 

Humpty Dumpty Clock

 

A couple of weeks ago we bought some flowers from Michael's to replace the frontyard flowers. I have been enjoying them inside the house but this afternoon I decided to put them in the ground under the oak tree.

Replacement flowers

After the second dance we watched a couple of episodes of Downton Abbey. I continued watching the third season of Conception. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group.

 

 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth