Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, March 5, 2021

Thursday 3-4 Replacing Mattress in the Minnie

 

Sunny Day

We had a beautiful day with sun and a wind out of the south. It got up to the mid 70s.

Since our winter storm we have had the Minnie at the house. We were thinking about putting it back in storage but instead Larry made reservations at Lake Somerville State Park. Weekends are always full but he booked a site for Sunday through Wednesday. After that spring break starts and everything is full for a couple of weeks.

Larry has been having problem sleeping comfortably on the mattress in the Minnie. Over the years we have found that foam mattresses work well but it doesn't take long for them to break down and start to sag, it doesn't bother me but it is a problem for him. When we got back from our last camping trip Larry ordered a mattress that folds in thirds, which makes it easier to carry. It came in a few weeks ago and has been airing out in the second bedroom. Today we decided to change the mattresses. We hope this will work.

In the morning we did our everyday things. I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Pyramid Mini of 5 games. It took me 14 minutes and 10 seconds, which put me in 28th place in my group. I played other Solitaire games and Jewel games.

We attended three virtual square dances. The first was Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00 for an hour and fifteen minutes. He invited Ett McAtee to come and call with him. We had 32 participants. Dayle and Ett both called two tips a piece and the fifth tip was a full square tip and Dayle called it. This week was the first week for the four couple square so I struggled a bit and kept losing my six phantom dancers. But it will get better the more I do them. We had an outstanding time dancing to Dayle and Ett.

The second one was Joachim Ruehenbeck's Bi-monthly C1/C2 at 12:30 for two hours, we only attend the C1 session. We had 31 participants. We had a lot of fun dancing to Joachim.

The third one was Jeremy Butler's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:00 for an hour. This week Jeremy invited Buddy Weaver to come and help him call the dance. They both called two A2 tips and they called the C1 tip together. During the A2 tips we had 17 participants and during the C1 we had 14 participants. We had a very pleasant hour of dancing to Jeremy and Buddy.

 

Grab a partner and dance

In between dancing we watched YouTube videos and an episode of GizWiz. I continued watching the first season of Circuit. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in fifth place in my group with 106,603 steps for the week so far. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth