Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, March 19, 2021

Thursday 3-18 First Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine

 

Larry's excited

We had a beautiful day with sunshine. It got into the mid 60s with wind. 

After lunch we went to Baylor Scott and White to get Larry his first dose of the Pfizer-Biotech vaccine. As you drove in they checked you in and gave you a short form to fill in. Then you go into a building where the vaccines are administered. After he got the shot he had to wait fifteen minutes before they let him leave. It was a precaution to make sure you don't have any side effects. They had a big clock to make sure you waited exactly fifteen minutes. People said their phones said it was time but the worker said it didn't matter you had to go by the clock. They won't let you leave until the fifteen minutes are up. The worker had to ask each person if they felt ok. He asked the worker if she got tried of asking the same question. She said there was another gentleman that asked her the same question. The second shot will be administered in 28 days and they had already  scheduled his appointment. He will receive an e-mail to remind him. He said there were hundreds of people inside but everything ran really smooth, there were no lines simply a flow of people going in and out.

Last night Larry read that Williamson county had gotten an increased supply of vaccine and they were going to start administering 5,000 shots a day at Dell Diamond. He put my name on the wait list at about 10pm and a bit over 12 hours later I received an e-mail that said I could make an appointment and get the first shot on Monday. I decided that I would wait until my appointment here on Wednesday. I can wait another two days and we won't have to brave I35 going to Round Rock. I can hardly wait. Larry removed me from the wait list.

In the morning I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 32 minutes, which put me in 13th place in my group. I finished doing the Mixed III games in the Star Club and started Easy games in the Star Club. Larry finished getting his card ready to be mailed out.

We attended two virtual square dances. The first one was Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00 for an hour. We had 29 participants. Dayle did a great job of cueing and helping people when necessary. We had a super time dancing with him and friends.

The second one was Jeremy Butler's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:00 for an hour. This week Jeremy invited Loren Smith to come and call with him. They both called two A2 tips and Loren called the C1 tip. During the A2 session we had 21 participants and the C1 tip we had 14 participants. We had a super time dancing with Jeremy, Loren and friends.

 



I vacuumed the house and cleaned the bathrooms. Larry did our weekly grocery shopping with Walmart. They delivered our groceries at 3:00. 

Our ice maker had stopped making ice. I checked it out and found out that there was a whole tray of ice stuck. Larry looked at it and couldn't get the ice to release. He decided to take the ice maker out to get the ice to melt. He got the manual out but it didn't say how to remove the ice maker. He searched on YouTube and found a video on the exact refrigerator as ours. He was removing the ice maker and in the process the ice melted. It is working again.

 


Weekly grocery shopping

 


Cleaning the house
 

After the last dance we finished watching the second season of Downton Abbey. I finished watching the third and final season of Conception. I enjoyed watching this series. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 5th place.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth