Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, March 22, 2021

Sunday 3-21 Camping at Cedar Breaks

 

 

The sun was shining and the temperature got up to 70 degree. There was a little breeze. It was perfect weather to go camping. 

Lake Georgetown is run by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and has four parks Jim Hogg, Cedar Breaks, Russell and Overlook. All the parks have day use areas for picnicking. Jim Hogg, Cedar Break and Russell all have boat ramps. There is a 26-mile long bike and hike trail, Goodwater Trail, that goes around Lake Georgetown, you can access it from any of the parks. The parks have restrooms with running water and the camping parks have showers. They're open air restrooms so there's no heat.    

In the morning we finished getting the Minnie ready to go. I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Klondike Mini of 5 games. It took me 10 minutes and 57 seconds to complete, which put me in 24th place in my group. I finished doing the Star Club Easy games. 

Our reservations at Cedar Breaks Park on Lake Georgetown is for three nights. The check-in time is 3:00 but if the site is empty you can arrive early, the park is about 45 miles away from the house. We left the house at 12:30. To get to Georgetown we had to take I35. It is Spring Break in Texas so the highway was busy going both north and south. We made it to Cedar Breaks around 1:30. 

We were surprised that we had to wait to check-in because there were a couple of customers in front of us. Once we checked-in we went to our site, which was #55. Driving through the park it appeared to be about 90% full. The parking for the hiking trail was packed. I guess it was because of Spring Break. When we got to our site we set the Minnie up, which doesn't take long, Larry just plugs the Minnie into power.

Afterwards we hung around the Minnie until it was time for dinner I broke in the new grill and barbecued pork sausage patties. 

After dinner we went for a 40 minute walk around the park. We walked to the boat ramp. It looked like a summer day. People were pulling their boats and jet skies in and out of the lake. But the water temperature of the lake is still too cold for me, according to Lake Georgetown site the water temperature is 52 degrees. We had a very nice walk. 

Once we got home I rested for a bit then I went on a 45 minute walk. I walked the hiking trail for a mile and turned around. During the hike I saw a lot of people and dogs hiking the trail. The trail is very rocky but wide. There were a few trees down because of our winter storm last month. I made it back to our site without getting lost. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth