Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Tuesday 3-16 St. Patrick's Day Workshop

 

Overcast Day

It was overcast all day. It got up to 80 degrees and the humidity was 63%. It was warm enough we had to turn on the ceiling fan in the living room. I even had to put on the hall floor fan because I got warm doing my steps. 

I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 10 games. It took me 27 minutes and 32 seconds to complete, which put me in 12th place in my group. I continued playing games in the Star Club Classic games, I did five Tri Peak games and four Pyramid games. Today it was Tri Peak Tuesday, where your points are doubled when solving Tri Peak games. 

We attended three virtual dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly Plus at 11:00 for an hour and fifteen minutes. Dayle called five tips and the fifth tip was a full square tip. Dayle did a super job of calling the dance. He made a couple of mistakes when cueing and jokingly said he was going to stop. We were muted but everyone was saying continue cueing. We had 36 participants. We had a great time.

Next was Di Green and Terry's Weekly A1/A2 Workshop for two hours with a fifteen minute break. This week it started at 2:30 instead of 1:30 because the U.K. and European Countries don't change to Daylight Saving time for another two weeks. During the A1 session we had 46 participants and the A2 session had 48. Di and Terry were dressed in green to celebrate St. Patrick Day, which is tomorrow. Some of the dancers also dressed in green. After the first A1 tip I put on my green belly dance belt and a green hat. Di and Terry called five tips in each session. I danced the A1 session and the last two A2 tips by myself. Di's hat was very cute, you can't see the top of the hat while she dances but it has a Leprechaun with his legs sticking out of it. Terry's tie said Get Lucky With Me. Di and Terry are always a pleasure to dance to. In between the tips people are comfortable enough that they can joke around and laugh.

 

Pre St. Patrick Day Dance

The third dance was Don Moger's Weekly A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. We had 50 participants. Don work on adding more and more four couple moves through out the dance. We had a very pleasant evening of dancing with Don and friends.

After the dance we watched a couple of episodes of Downton Abbey. I started watching the third and final season of Conception. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in fifth place in my group.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth