Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, March 8, 2021

Sunday 3-7 Birch Creek Campground

 

Birch Creek Campground

I started the day out by finishing getting the Minnie ready for our trip. Larry got his next paper project ready. 

I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Klondike and 5 Spider). It took me 57 minutes and 48 seconds, which put me in 16th place in my group. Today when you solve the Klondike games and Spider games you solve your points double, this helps you in the stats. Then I continued doing some Star Club Challenges (Free Cell and Tri Peaks). 

Lake Somerville State Park is about 90 miles from the house. We left the house at noon and we were checking in at 2:00. Before leaving town we filled the Minnie with gas, during our snow and ice storm we ran the generator for over two days so we were low on gas. The lady at the booth was very friendly and explained where our site was. The last time we were here was way back in March of 2007. 

We found our site and set the Minnie up for three nights. This is a large park with lots of camp sites but the sites are setup in loops, we are in the Old Hickory loop which has a total of 23 sites. After setting up we went on a hike for 50 minutes. The hiking trails are located right at the campground. The hiking trail surface was sandy, not deep sand, it was easy to walk on, these trails were designated as moderate. We hiked part of the Lake Trail, which goes along the shores of Lake Somerville, The Wilderness Run Trail and the Sunset Loop Trail. We walked over a bridge and over Birch Creek via rocks. The hike was very pleasant and pretty.

 

Lake Somerville State Park welcome sign

Lake Somerville


Bridge on the trail


Our campsite

Larry barbecued pork patties for dinner. After dinner I walked around the campground for a half hour to get in some steps. I ended up doing 26,00 steps, which put me fifth place in my group for the week with 183,724 steps.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth