Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Wednesday 4-21 Record Low and Second Covid Shot

 

Beautiful cold day

We had a record low of 37 degrees, this broke the old record of 47 which was set in 1910. We had a high of 60, which is about 20 degrees lower than usual. We had a strong wind out of the north. Even with it being cold we still had the squirrels and birds visit us, including a couple of hummingbirds.

 

A dove enjoying its food


I'm back

Yesterday, we received this years property tax assessment for our house from the Bell County Appraisal District. This year I turn 65 and in Texas when a homeowners turns 65 their school property taxes are frozen. This morning we went to the Bell County Appraisal District office to fill out the form. Now we just have to wait until October to see if it goes into effect this year or next year. The lady who helped us didn't know. 

When we got home I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Easy Street Mini of 5 games. It took me 11 minutes and 11 seconds, which put me in 22nd place in my group. 

When we go out of town we ask our neighbor Thomas to look after our home. Larry made him and his wife (Debby) a thank you card.

 

Thank you card for Thomas and Debby

We attended two virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A2 at 11:00. He called five tips. During the two couple tips we had 41 participants and 37 during the four couples tip. Dayle cued through out the dance and walked us through moves when necessary. We had a great time.

The second was Doren McBroom's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:15 for an hour and a half. This week Doren asked Jeremy Butler to call the dance. Jeremy called four tips of A2 with 12 participants. He called three tips of C1 with 10 participants. We had a super evening of dancing to Jeremy and friends.

In the afternoon Larry took me to get my second dose of COVID-19 vaccination. Now I'm fully vaccinated and so is Larry. We're very excited about this.

After the last dance we watched a couple of episodes of Downton Abbey. Then I watched a few episodes of Star Trek: Voyager. Then I read a little while. I ended up doing 26,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth