Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, April 1, 2021

Wednesday 3-31 Beautiful Cool Day


 Beautiful Day

Our day started out with rain but it ended up being a beautiful spring day. The rain came back last night and it rained through the night. In the morning it still was sprinkling on and off. The rain finally left around 1:00. By 2:00 the sun decided to come out. The temperature got up to 58 degrees with a breeze out of the north, which kept it cool.

I spent the day playing games. I started out doing the Daily Challenges and I solved all of games for the month, which was five per day (155 games) of five different Solitaire games. Then I moved onto the Event: World Tour Mini of 7 games. It took me 12 minutes and 51 seconds, which put me in 19th place in my group. Next I did Sudoku games. While I played games Larry read on his Kindle.

When the sun came out I looked at my Garmin Vivofit 2 and saw I only did 60 steps, my personal goal is 25,000 steps per day. I better get it in gear if I'm going to get my goal. I walked around the campground about an hour. Then after dinner Larry walked with me for another half hour. I then decided to go on a hike up the mountain by myself. I ended up hiking 2.25 miles for 50 minutes. I took the white trail from the campground to the red trail. Then I hiked the red trail until I had hiked about a mile. Then I turned around and came back. The trail was a great workout because I had to walk up and down hills and take steps. I had a great time. After I rested I did a Jazz routine for 15 minutes. Then I finished doing my steps by stepping in place. I ended up doing a total of 27,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group.

In the evening when I was finishing up my steps. There was a lot of activities going on: kids were riding bicycles, dads playing catch with their sons, kids running around and families sitting in front of campfires. Families were hiking the white trail. It was noisy but nice to see families having fun. 

 

Camping at Gulpha Gorge Creek Campground

We had a super day of relaxing. We will be at Gulpha Gorge Campground through the weekend so we'll be doing some more hiking. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth