Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Monday 4-19 Back to Dancing & Yardwork

 

Great Day

We had an overcast day with a mild 72 degrees. 

In the morning it was in the 40's. Larry finished making a couple of envelopes. Then he got a box ready to be shipped to his mom for Mother's Day. I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Klondike and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 1 hour, 6 minutes and 45 seconds, which put me in 24th place in my group. I started playing some Star Club Klondike games in the Retro 30th Anniversary section.

When it warmed up Larry went outside and did a few yardwork projects. He has been waiting for a day where there wasn't much wind and it is not suppose to rain for a few days. Today was the perfect day. He started out by running the sprinklers to wet the yards. Then he applied weed and feed fertilizer to the yards. After that he sprayed all of the weeds in the gravel areas. The next project was treating for fire ants. We usually don't have a lot of fire ants hills but today he said he had to treat about 20 hills. He thinks maybe it had something to do with the winter ice storm and all the rain we had.

We haven't square danced in over a month. Today we attended two virtual square dances. The first one was Joachim Ruehenbeck's A1/A2 two hour dance at 12:30. I danced the first session A1 by myself while Larry finished the yardwork. Joachim called five tips and had 31 participants. Then we had a half hour break. Larry joined me for the A2 session. Di Green was there and welcomed us back. Everyone did the same. We were really rusty but Joachim thought we were doing fine. He called four tips with 33 participants. We had a great time.

The second dance was Daryl Murphy's Weekly A2/C1 dance at 5:45 for two hours. This week he invited Betsy Gotta to call the A2 session. Daryl called the C1 session. During the A2 session we had 14 participates and Betsy called four two couple tips. During the C1 session Daryl had 10 participantes. Usually Daryl calls three tips of two couple and one of four couples but this week he decided to work on T-Bones and Concentric concepts. We had a great evening of dancing.

 


 

In between the dances I did some housework and started to read the ninth book of Charlotte and Thomas Pitt series, which is Silence Hanover. 

Larry worked on something new using his Cameo. 

After Larry went to bed I watched a few episodes of Star Trek: Voyager. I continued to read. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.

 

Doing housework


           

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth