Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Monday 4-5 Rim Trail and 3 C's Trail

 

Hiking is fun

The day started out with a cloud covering. In the afternoon the sun came out in between the clouds coming and going. When I woke up it was 56 degrees, by afternoon it got up to 80. Perfect weather for a hiking.

In the morning we did a 3.6 mile hike for 2.5 hours. We did the red trail (Rim Trail), which took us around Mount Nebo. During our hike we saw a cave spring, lovers leap, rock formations with caves, a stone bridge, the seasonal waterfall and rocks with the trail name and direction carved in by the CCC. The trail ranged from moderate to strenuous. We hiked up and down stone steps, through trees, over rocks, in between rocks and through and over streams. The stone bridge went over a creek that had little waterfalls. Lovers Leap is a beautiful overlook of the area and was named by the CCC. The CCC carved the trail names in rocks so you know where the trail went and what trail it was. The Seasonal Waterfall wasn't big but it was nice. Our hike was very pretty and we only saw a couple of guys towards the end. 

 

Larry getting ready to climb some steps

One of the park's cabins built by the CCC

Larry on the Stone Bridge

 

The waterfall that went under the stone bridge

 

A view from Lovers Leap

 

Rock carving for Gum Springs

Seasonal Waterfall


More carving for trails

Standing in one of the rock caves

 

Living on Mount Nebo a skeleton on the owner's porch

 

A Cave Spring

By the time we got home it was time for lunch. After lunch I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Hard Road Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 31 minutes and 47 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group. Larry read.

After the sun came out I did a hour hike on the Three C's Trail. The Three C's Trail goes in two different directions, one way goes to Sunrise Point and the other to Sunset Point. I took the direction going to Sunrise because it was longer, about 3.3 miles round trip. It was an easy hike through trees. The point had a beautiful view of the mountain area. By the time I got home I was hot and sweaty. Larry was sitting outside in his chair reading.

Larry barbecued hamburgers for dinner. After dinner I did another hike on the Three C's Trail going to Sunset Point. Took me about 45 minutes to hike 2 miles. It was another nice hike. Larry stayed home relaxing with a book. I did 26,000 steps, which is a great beginning for a new week in my 175,000 Challenge. We had a super day.

 

  


    

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth