Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Tuesday 4-20 Gorgeous Day and Square Dancing

 

Gorgeous Day

We had a gorgeous day of sunshine with a high of 70 degrees. We had wind so it was a bit chilly.

I'm excited, the hummingbirds are returning. Yesterday, we had two show up and they were back again today. They hung around drinking nectar for a while. 

While we were on our trip I didn't feed the birds, it took a few days before the birds started to show up. A couple of days ago we had a few doves and some sparrows. It's always exciting watching wildlife. I usually bring the bird feeder in around 6:00 but lately I have waited until 8:00 because the birds are still using it.

 

The hummingbird has returned

Today was a busy day of square dancing, we attended three dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly Plus at 11:00. He called four, two couple tips and one four couple tip. He had 29 participants for the two couples tips and 25 for the four couples tip. We had another outstanding hour of dancing to Dayle and virtual friends.

The second on was Di Green's Weekly A1/A2 at 1:30 for two hours with a fifteen minutes break. Di and Terry rotate calling and each session has five tips. During the A1 session they had 36 participants and A2 had 38. I dance the A1 session by myself and Larry joins me for A2. It is always a pleasure to dance to Di and Terry because they are very enthusiastic and dance while they call. They celebrate with the dancers when they get home. We had a great time.

The third dance was Don Moger's Weekly A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. He had 47 participants and called five tips. The fourth tip Don worked on full square material with phantoms. We had a fun evening of dancing with Don and friends.

 

Square dancing with friends

In between the dances I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Medium Mayhem of 27 games. It took me 1 hour, 31 minutes and 34 seconds, which put me in 13th place in my group. I read.

Larry started the day out by going to Walmart. He did some grocery shopping, picked up oil for the car and truck and ant killer.

 

Grocery Shopping

After the last dance we watched a couple episodes of the fifth season of Downton Abbey. Then I watched three episodes of Star Trek: Voyager. Then I read a bit. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

 

Relaxing in front of the television


 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth