Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Saturday 4-10 Tompkins Bend Vista Trail

 

Having fun camping

A front came through about midnight with a lot of rain. It lasted until early morning just before Larry woke up. We heard the steady and sometimes hard rain. We woke up with the temperature in the mid 50s. We had wind out of the west, which made it nippy all day. It got up to 63 degrees.

I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Then we went on an hour and a half hike for 4.25 miles. We really excepted to go for more than five miles, according to the reviews the Tompkins Bend Vista Trail was between 5 and 6 miles long. We returned by 10:00 am, which is the earliest we have been getting back from a hike. The hike was a very easy loop. It went through the forest and by Lake Ouachita. As we hiked we crossed over creeks via wooden bridges. We saw an old homestead root cellar. We saw three hikers with backpacks ready for a long over night hike. With all the rain I was surprised that we only had mud in a few places. The hike was very pretty and peaceful, we heard the birds chirping. 

 

Homestead Root Cellar


Larry getting ready to cross one of the wooden bridges


Lake Ouachita from the trail

 

After our hike I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Spider Mini of 10 games. It took me 58 minutes and 19 seconds, which put me in 17th place in my group. 

Last night I finished reading Resurrection Row, which was the 4th book in the Charlotte and Thomas Pitt series by Anne Perry. So I started to read the 5th book in the series.

In the afternoon we read. I walked around for a half hour. I walked to the boat ramp and around three of the loops. The families were out riding bicycles, walking around and hanging around their campfires. Some campers were wearing shorts and tee shirt but it was too nippy for me. Their were people boating, fishing and jet skiing. It really had to be cold on the lake.

After dinner Larry and I walked around for 45 minutes. We saw a beautiful woodpecker. We have been hearing one for the last couple of days but never saw it. I did my jazz exercise routine to help me get my steps. By the end of the day I did 26,000 steps, which put me 4th place in my group.  



 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth