Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, April 30, 2021

Thursday 4-29 Overcast Day

 

Overcast Day

A front came in last night around 11:00 and is staying around for a little while. Early morning I heard some thunder but I didn't hear hard rain. It rained on and off all day. It got up to 73 degrees with the humidity of 87%. This didn't keep the squirrels and birds away. 

I started the day out by doing the Daily Challenges and the Event: Easy Street of 30 games. It took me 1 hour and 42 seconds to complete, which put me in 14th place in my group. I did a few Star Club Solitaire Dark. 

The oral surgeon can't see Larry until Monday. He has to eat very slowly, on the one side he has the cracked/broken tooth, any pressure on it causes severe pain, on the other side he has a temporary crown, they worked on it a bit yesterday and now he can eat on that side but he has to be careful or it is also painful. Hopefully the oral surgeon will be able to get the broken tooth removed soon.

After I finished my games I did my weekly housework. Larry worked on another paper project. 

 


Doing housework

We attended three virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00. He called four tips of two couples and one of four couples. We had 24 participants. We have been dancing virtually for about a year and the dancers are doing well, Dayle is putting us in more complex positions, this makes it more challenging, that's ok because Dayle tries to cue us through moves we have problems with. The four couples tip was very hard for me but Dayle helped by tell me where I should be. We have a blue X on the floor to identify the center of the square, the caller can see it and can tell you where you should be. We had a super time dancing to Dayle.

Second was Joachim Ruehenbeck's C1 at 12:30. He had 23 participants and he called five tips. We had a great time dancing to him because he dances with his wife and their backs are to the camera and you know where you should be. It was fun to dance to Joachim.

Third was Jeremy Butler's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:00. Jeremy called four tips of A2 and one tip of C1. We had 13 participants in the A2 session and 9 in C1. We had a great time dancing to Jeremy and with friends.

 


In between the dances we watched YouTube videos and finished watching Downton Abbey. Then I watched a few episodes of Star Trek: Voyager. I ended up doing 27,700 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth