Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Friday 4-2 Sunset Trail and I Fall

Beautiful cool day

The temperature this morning was 34 and it got up to 57. It was cool through out the day with a lot of sunshine.

Larry is still a bit sore from his fall yesterday but he thought he would be able to hike. 

We started the day by going on an 8 mile hike for 4 hours. We started the hike on the other side of Gulpha Gorge Creek at the orange trail marker (Sunset Trail to Cedar Glades Road). We hiked to the convenient store and crossed the road via a crosswalk to Stone Bridge Road. We took the road to the Sunset Trail sign. A few days ago we only went a mile before turning around because it was going to rain. Today, we hiked the trail all the way to Cedar Glades Road. The trail gradually went up hill but it was steep. The trail went through trees (hickory, dogwood, oak and elm), up and down hills and over rocks and tree roots. We crossed a creek now and then. We left the trail at Cedar Glades Road and walked it about .75 mile to town. We walked through a very nice neighborhood with cute small homes. Once we were in town we sat on a bench near the place we rested yesterday.


Larry hiking along side of a creek
 
 

Hiking Sunset Trail

 

Beautiful purple flowers growing in the trail

 After resting we walked across the road and took the same route back to the Minnie as yesterday. We followed the trail up the hill until it met up with the green trail (Lower Dogwood). We took this trail to the yellow trail (Upper Dogwood) until it met up with the purple trail (Goat Rock). While hiking goat rock we saw some people and said hi to them. People were just starting on their hikes and we're almost finished. We took this trail until it met up with the white trail (Gulpha Gorge), which took us back to the campground. We had a beautiful hike.

By the time we got home it was time for lunch. After lunch Larry finished reading his book. I did the Daily Challenges and Event: Free Cell Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 26 minutes and 14 seconds to complete, which put me in 21st place in my group. I got stuck on the last game, which was an expert Free Cell. Then I did some Sudoku games.

For dinner Larry barbecued some seasoned pork. Then we walked around the campground. When we got back Larry went inside and I did a 1.7 mile hike. I hiked the white trail (Gulpha Gorge) to the red trail (Oertel). I hiked for 40 minutes. When I got back I finished doing my 26,000 steps. This put me in 5th place in my group. 

Tonight as I was putting up the grill and I tripped and fell face forward. I was doing so well, I hiked about 10 miles today up and down rocky mountains without tripping and then walking around the Minnie I fell. Bruised my knee and scratched my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth