Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, April 17, 2021

Friday 4-16 Making Nectar

 

Wet dreary day

The heavy rain is gone be it was misting all day. It got to 65 degrees. It was cool but not cold.

 

Look at all the rain we had yesterday

Water draining off the neighbor's roof

I started the day out by finishing reading Bluegate Fields by Anne Perry. In the afternoon I started another book by Anne Perry called Cardington Crescent. The books I have been reading are Historic Fiction from the a series about Charlotte and Thomas Pitt. Thomas Pitt is a inspector in the series, Charlotte is his wife who is from high society. She has to adapt to Thomas's way of life, which is looked down on by the high society. She is an outspoken woman and reads newspapers in the 1800s. Thomas talks about his cases with Charlotte and listens to her input if he likes it or not. They are very well written.


        

Reading is fun


Larry did a paper project using the Cameo. It has been over a month since he has done a project because we have been camping.

I did Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Games Tango of 10 games (5 Free Cell and 5 Pyramid). It took me 1 hour, 18 minutes and 13 seconds, which put me in 17th place in my group. 

Larry saw a hummingbird flying around outside our living room window. I hadn't made any nectar for them this year so off to the kitchen I went. Larry went on the internet to get the recipe for making nectar ( 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup of sugar). I boiled 4 cups of water and added 1 cup of sugar. After the sugar was dissolved I let the mixture cool. While the nectar was cooling Larry put some Command strips on the back railing to hold our homemade hummingbird feeders. Once the nectar was cooled off I filled the bowls. I am ready for the hummingbirds to return.

 

Ready for the Hummingbirds

In the evening we continued watching the fourth season of Downton Abbey. Then I watched a couple episodes of the third season of Star Trek: Voyager. While I was watching television I did 27,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group. Then I read.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth