Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Wednesday 2-14-24 Happy Valentine's Day & Dance Day

 

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope everyone had a super Valentine's day. We had a great day.

We started the day with the low of 41 degrees and the high of 64 degrees. In the afternoon the wind came up.

I danced three virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Plus at 10:00 for an hour and fifteen minutes. Di called the dance but Terry danced with her. Di called five tips to 10 participants. Some of the dancers wore red for Valentine's Day and some had Valentine background. Di worked on Crossfire From Columns, Relay the Deuce, Spin Chain the Gears and Spin Chain the Gears and Exchange the Gears. Dawn had a couple of special Valentine's cards for a dance they had during the weekend. They were full size and you put your head through the heart. I had a fun time.

Dawn and her cards


Robin with a gorgeous background 

Monday during their C1 dance people also wore red. Larry attended this dance with me. We had a great time.

Participants at Di's C1 dance

Second was Ett McAtee's C1 at 1:00 for an hour. Ett called four tips to 16 participants. Ett worked on Twist the Line, Relay the Top to the right and left and Circle By. I had fun.

Third was Dave Eno C1/A2. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave call the dance. The format was three C1 tips with 10 participants and three A2 tips with 12 participants. In each the C1 and A2 Dave called a tip, Karin and Greg called a tip and the last tip all three called. When Karin and Greg called their C1 tip they worked on Vertical Tag. In between the A2 tips they did a little Trivia. Don Moger showed up to say hi. I had a great evening of dancing with friends. During the dance Dave shared a cool looking amplifier. It was made in a plastic box.

Dave showing off his amplifier

In the afternoon Larry treated for fire ants and put pre-emergent in the yards. 

When I wasn't dancing I played some virtual reality pinball games. Larry continued working on virtual reality and solving some problems we came across when playing games.

Larry playing virtual reality

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I did the event, which was Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 30 minutes and 47 seconds to complete, which put me in 14th place in my group. I played some Angry Birds 2.

After Ett's dance I worked out a half hour on the Wii Fit and a half hour on Gold's Gym.

Working out

After my last dance we watched a couple of episodes of Northern Exposure. When Larry went to bed I watched Avengers: Infinity War and an episode of A Touch of Frost. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group.

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth