Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Tuesday 2-20-24 Happy Birthday Shirley, Dancing, Jukebox & More

 

Gorgeous Day

We had a gorgeous day. It started out with the temperature in the low 40's and we had a high of 78 degrees. It was a little breezy with the wind out of the north.

Today was Larry's mother's (Shirley) birthday. Happy Birthday Shirley. Larry sent her some flowers and called her early evening to wish her a happy birthday. She said she had a good birthday. Larry had sent her a book about Kansas and she has enjoyed reading it because she was from Kansas.

Happy Birthday Shirley

Out neighbor (Jason) is in the process of building a house and they're starting on the landscaping. Larry and Jason have talked multiple times about how the drainage is going to work because we really don't want all the runoff to run through our yard. The other day when the dirt guy was there Larry and Jason worked with him to build a drainage ditch. Today the landscaping crew filled in the area so Larry went next door and told him about what the plan was. The guy was very nice and said he wasn't sure what the plan was and Jason was out of town. In the afternoon Jason returned home. Larry and Jason went next door and discussed what was needed with the landscaping guy. 

Larry and I started the day out by attending Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 dance at 10:00 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips to 15 participants. Di worked on Cycle and Wheel, Horseshoe Turn and what ever move the dancers were having problems with. We had a super time dancing with friends.

Get a partner and dance

Before the dance I vacuumed the house and did a little dusting.

Doing housework

Larry worked on his jukebox project. A few weeks ago he painted the jukebox but he was not happy with how the top came out. He had to wait a week or so for the paint to dry enough he could sand it down and repaint. It has now been two weeks since he repainted so it was ready for the final assembly. 

When he built the new jukebox he made some changes to the buttons. He wanted to incorporate those changes into the first jukebox so apart it came. Both machines now have the same button configuration but he will need to redo the button labeling on the first machine. 

Yesterday, we went to The Home Depot and picked up a board and a couple of brackets to make a shelf for the new jukebox. He assembled the shelf in his workroom and put the new jukebox on it. Both of the jukeboxes came out looking gorgeous.

New jukebox


Both jukeboxes side by side

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 44 minutes and 54 seconds, which put me in 22nd place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds. I only played Angry Birds and Friends because Angry Birds 2 has a technical problem and won't let me play it.

I worked out on the Wii Fit for a half hour and Gold's Gym for a half hour. I also worked out in virtual reality using Synth Riders for a half hour. 

I played pinball in virtual reality. I played the weekly challenge, Black Rose and got a new high score of 19,962,960, which put me in 44th place out of 47 participants. I also played Attack From Mars and Big Buck Hunter. I did very well. 

In Attack From Mars the object is for each of five different countries to destroy an attacking Martian space ship, when you accomplish this you get the chance to battle Mars. Today I was very close, I had destroyed four space ships and came very close to destroying the last one.

Black Rose


Attack From Mars


Big Buck Hunter

I worked on the diamond painter of Lion King.

Lion King so far

In the evening we watched Doctor Strange from our movie selection. When Larry went to bed I watched Thor: Love and Thunder. Afterwards I watched an episode of A Touch of Frost. Then I watched the 6th episode of the 11th season of Father Brown. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.





 



    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth