Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Tuesday 2-27-24 Dancing, Games, Project & Working Out

 

Hot Day

We had a hot day with the high of 77 degrees. The low was 67 degrees. Usually at this time of the year our average high is 66. It was so hot, that Larry got the fan out of the laundry room and turned it on. 

We started the day out by attending Di Green and Terry McCann's A2 dance at 10:00 am for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips to 15 participants. We just danced. During the dance Di worked on four couple moves such as Motivate, Cast a Shadow and Transfer the Column. We had a new dancer so Di cued more than usual, which was great because it helped the single dancers. Larry danced with me and we had a super time dancing with friends.

We love virtual square dancing

Larry worked on the pinball machine. He installed three new buttons on the bottom to help set the volume and for using virtual reality.

 

New buttons

I worked out using the Wii Fit for a half hour and Gold's Gym for a half hour. I also worked out in virtual reality using Synth Riders for a half hour and burned 138 calories. I worked out to all five songs a couple of time. It's amazing you wouldn't think you would get a workout but you do sweat. Your moving your arms with the controls to hit the right color of ball in rhythm of the song. You also have to avoid obstacles that get in your way. It's a lot of fun.

Synth Riders workout

I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Tri Peaks Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour, 49 minutes and 47 seconds, which put me in 18th place in my group. I played Angry Birds.

I played three pinball games in virtual reality. They were The Sopranos, Red & Ted's Road Show and No Fear. While playing No Fear I got high score #2. I had a fun time playing pinball.

The Sopranos


Red & Ted's Road Show


I worked on the diamond painting Stitch.

In the evening we watched a movie on Prime called Dungeons & Dragons Honor Among Thieves. It took place back in the medieval era. It was good movie. Then I watched a couple of episodes of A Touch of Frost. I also watched an episode of Father Brown. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth