Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Monday 2-12-24 Return From My First Cruise & More

 

The Wonder of the Sea

I had a super time on a 8 days cruise on Royal Caribbean's The Wonder of the Seas. This was my first cruise ever and I would like to thank Kathy Potter for allowing me this opportunity. I'm sorry her daughter had to cancel but I was very happy to fill in for her. Kathy did an excellent job of showing me the ship, where to eat and how cruises work. Also two other friends were with us (Lynn and Barb).

This cruise was a square dancing cruise, there were around 700 square dancers on board. We danced to fourteen different callers from all over the country and one of the callers was from Germany. The Mainstream/Plus dances were broken into two groups A & B because of all the dancers. We had a dance every night for an hour and a half. When we were cruising at sea, which were two days we had a lot more dancing. We had a morning and evening dance of mainstream/plus each day. The first day in the afternoon we had an hour and a half dance of A2 and DBD Plus. There was also a intro to Mainstream Hex but Kathy and I didn't attend. The other afternoon we attended an hour and a half of A2 and the A group of Plus. The final day at sea there were only one dance which was an hour and a half of C1. We were happy there were three squares for C1. The callers did an outstanding job of calling.We had all different level of dancers from beginners to dancers who have been dancing many years. The last night we did a square dancing demonstration.

Our square on the last night

We attended a few shows, they were: the Juggler (Allen), Ice Spectacular (theme was seasons), Intense Maximum Performance (water program), Voices (musical performance) and Spotlight (cast from Voices sang individual songs). Spotlight was a substitute for another program, I don't remember what it was called because of technical difficulty. But at the end of the performance they did a piece of the show that was cancelled. They flew Drones overhead. It was outstanding they flew over the heads of the audience and had different colors. When we weren't dancing or coming to entertainment we listened to the music in the Royal Promenade area and bars throughout the ship. We watched people surfing at the Flow Rider. Lynn, Barb and I rode the carousal. I did the zip-line for my first time and had fun. Kathy kept us busy on board. There is so much to do I could go on and on.

Me, Barb and Lynn


Barb and me riding the carousal

 

Me, Barb and the piano man


 
Kathy, Lynn, me and Barb at the Ice Spectacular
 

Leaving Port Canaveral


Relaxing on the balcony


Kathy in our state room


Elephant in Central Park


The carousal

 

A robot making drinks


Playing miniature golf 


Surfing at Flow Rider


An elephant and walrus made out of towels by our steward


Relaxing with a flyer


Ice Spectacular

 

Entertaining Director


Cast of Voices at Spot Light


Drones flying over our head at Spot Light

Tomorrow I'll write about the islands we visited. They were Coco Cay, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth