Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, February 25, 2024

Saturday 2-24-24 Games, New Challenge, Workout & More

 

Beautiful Day

We had a beautiful day with the high of 77 degrees. It felt like a spring day instead of winter.

I started the day out by playing games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Free Cell Mini of 5 games. It took me 9 minutes and 47seconds, which put me in 13th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds. I also played a few games of Sudoku.

Larry organized his document files. 

Back in December when Larry completed his first jukebox he came across a post that had pictures of a couple of gorgeous wall jukeboxes. In the post the gentleman asked if anyone would be interested in converting the wall jukeboxes into virtual ones. Larry responded indicating that he would be interested and telling the gentleman a bit about himself, silence, never heard back from the guy. Well yesterday the gentleman finally responded, he apologized for not responding sooner and asked if Larry would still be interested. He and his son own the company that makes the wall boxes he posted pictures of. They mainly install them in 50's diners but are interested in converting some of them to home use. He has seen the pictures and videos of the machines Larry has converted and would like his done similar. Today Larry wrote him back telling him what is involved and the possible cost of converting them. Larry would of course need to have one of the machines to figure out if it was possible and to figure out how to do it. He would do this for free but he would like to keep the machine he converts. He would be thrilled to do this and suggested a phone call on Monday. 

I worked out on the Wii Fit for a half hour and Synth Riders for a half hour. I'm having a lot of fun working out in virtual reality.

Today we were notified on my new pinball challenge that starts tomorrow. It's going to be The Sopranos. Larry downloaded and installed it on the pinball cabinet in both 2D and virtual reality. It took him awhile. Once it was installed Larry played the game in both virtual reality and 2D. It's like playing two different games. 

Later on I played The Sopranos in both versions. Then I played this weeks challenge Black Rose in virtual reality and two other games, Medieval Madness and Fun House. I had a super time playing pinball in virtual reality.

Black Rose


Fun House


Medieval Madness


The Sopranos

I finished doing the Lion King diamond painting and started a new one. It's Stitch. I already had done one of Stitch but this one is a little different.


 The Lion King


New Stitch

 

The first Stitch

When Larry went in for his doctor's appointment the other day they called in a couple of prescriptions. They had problems filling them because one of the companies that handle a lot of the online prescriptions had been hacked by someone. Originally they were suppose to be filled on Thursday but due to the issue they didn't get filled until today. So off to Walmart we went to pick them up. While there we picked up a few things. We came across boiled peanuts so we picked up a can to try them. 

For dinner we tried the peanuts and didn't like them at all. They tasted more like beans. 

In the evening we watched YouTube videos. Then we watched a movie on Freevee called Mortal Engines. It was an Action/Science Fiction movie. We liked it a lot. It starred Hugo Weaving. Then I watched a couple of episodes of A Touch of Frost. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group. 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth