Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Monday 2-19-24 Dancing, Virtual Reality & Having Fun

 

Just having fun

We had a cold day with the low of in the 30's and the high of 56 degrees. It had a little breeze out of the north so it kept it a little cool.

We started the day by attending Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly C1 at 9:00 for an hour. Di called 5 tips to 16 participants. We just danced and Di helped us by cueing the whole dance. Larry danced with me. We had a super time dancing with friends.

Dancing with friends

After the dance we went to Home Depot to pick up a couple of shelve brackets and a new shelve for Larry's workroom. We also got a sprinkler head for our septic system, one of the construction guys next door drove over one and it no longer sprays correctly. Over the past months they have also broken and buried a couple of our normal sprinkler heads. Their landscaping company is going to be working here this week and should get everything fixed.

On our way home we stopped by Burger King and split a chicken sandwich meal.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Klondike and 5 Free Cell). I worked on solving them for 3 hours, 18 minutes and 58 seconds before giving up. I ended up doing nine of the games. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends. 

Larry continued playing with virtual reality (VR). He played VR pinball for about an hour, he also did a session on Synth Riders. 

I worked out with the Synth Riders for a half hour and had a great time. 

I also played the weekly challenge of Black Rose in virtual reality. My first high score for the week was 12,500,180. It took awhile to get a picture to post. We're still learning. The below picture is what I see when I play the game. Each game has its own virtual room. Some are quite elaborate and others are simpler. This one makes it appear you are inside a ships hull. The Black Rose emblem on the right side appears to be floating in air. It is very difficult to understand how real all of this looks in the headset.

Black Rose

I worked on the diamond painting of Lion King.

In the evening we watched a couple of episodes of Northern Exposure. Then I watched Doctor Strange in Multiverse of Madness. Afterwards I watched an episode of A Touch of Frost. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group. This is a great start for the week.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth