Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

8-26 Another Year Older


Happy Birthday Honey
Today is my husband Larry's Birthday. It rained last night and it was muddy outside so we didn't work on the irrigation system. When I got up this morning I took a loaf of bread out of the freezer so it could thaw and rise before being baked. We haven't been on the lake for two weeks due to the rain and wind. Larry wanted to go to celebrate his birthday but Flo pestered him about going for a swim, she hasn't been for awhile. Larry gave into her so we loaded her into the car and took her to Roger's Park. We were there for about a half hour. While I walked Flo around she explored and swam, Larry read the paper. Larry and I were surprised to see 10 vehicles in the parking lot but then we realized it was Friday, on Fridays there are always more people on the lake. We have been following a few peoples YouTube channels on RV Living and the other day one of them showed where they made Pulled Pork in a crock pot using root beer and liquid smoke. When we went shopping we picked up a pork roast but forgot to get some root beer so on the way home from the lake we stopped by Walmart. When we got back to the house I put the pork roast in the crock pot with a can of root beer and liquid smoke to start the cooking process. 

Lake Belton is over the road to the kayak launch area
Flo enjoying her swim
A view of the Lake Belton from Roger's Park dock
Fresh baked bread
The pork roast slow cooking in root beer
The barbeque sauce we used
Ready to be eaten
About 1:30 I put the bread in the oven for 25 minutes, when it was done I sliced it and we had fresh baked bread to snack on. I worked out for a half hour with Gold's Gym and a half hour with Just Dance. The pork roast was done cooking in about 6 hours. It pulled apart very easily and I added HEB Memphis Barbeque Sauce. We had a pulled pork sandwiches for Larry's birthday dinner. 

In the evening we watched YouTube videos on RV Living and music videos, we also rented the The Angry Birds Movie, I wasn't that impressed with it, maybe kids would like it but I am not sure about that since I normally like kids movies. I worked on my puzzle until it was time to go to bed. We had a great day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth