Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

8-9 Time For A Bath

Bath time
After six days of square dancing we took the day off to rest. It's been a long time since I gave Flo a bath, years ago I found that it's a lot easier to bathe her in the lake, that way she doesn't know she's getting a bath. I've tried to give her a bath at home but she didn't like being sprayed down with the hose. This morning we loaded her into the car and took her to Rogers Park to give her a bath. Before leaving the house I made sure I had my bathing suit on so I could go in the water to rinse off the shampoo. When we got to the lake Flo was excited. It didn't take her long to go for a swim. She was surprised to see that I went in the water with her. She let me soap her up and rinse her off. I couldn't get her feet considering the water was up to her knees. After her bath she swam towards the ramp. I had to hold her back from the ramp because it was being used. The couple that was loading their boat on the trailer were friendly and said hi to us. While I was giving Flo a bath Larry read the paper. On the way back to the car Flo wanted to check out the dock. I knew she was tired but we walked to the dock and checked it out. There were a few steps to get to the dock. The steps were 18" high so I helped Flo get up the steps on the way back. Before doing this she and I had a little fight because she didn't want to go back to the car. When we were walking on the dock a kayaker came by and said hi to us. When we got back to the car I dried Flo off and then Larry loaded her in the car, she is exhausted. The next stop was at The Home Depot to pick up a couple of items for the sprinkler system that Larry ordered. The customer service desk was busy and our order wasn't pulled yet so we had to wait. Once we got our order we headed to the UPS Store to pickup our mail. While picking up the mail Larry picked up the three packages waiting for us. We knew there were two packages waiting but the third package was a pleasant surprise. It was a package from Shirley.

Checking out the dock
Kayaking on Lake Belton
Heading back to the car
Larry's birthday is at the end of the month and mine is next month so Shirley sends the gifts together. Usually we celebrate our birthdays and Louise's on the same day since when my birthday rolls around we're usually on our Fall Trip. But this year we're taking A square dancing lessons so we'll be hanging around the house. When we got home Larry opened the package from his mother. She sent us our gifts and some goodies (peanut brittle, cookies and Lake Travis Mud and chocolate Rice Krispy). Thank you Shirley for the delicious snacks.

Having fun reading
Watching Olympics and YouTube videos
The rest of the day we stayed at the house. Larry finished his book and I started the last book of the Michael Viennese Monroe series, The Mask. I took a nap and Flo slept. In the evening we watched The Olympics from 7:00 to 11:00. Before the Olympics we watched some YouTube videos. Then I read until it was time to go to bed.

Rice Krispy  Treats
Travis Mud
The container cookies came in
Peanut Brittle

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth