Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

8-1 A New Month

Start of a new month
We started August out by going to Lake Stillhouse Hollow. When we left the house the wind wasn't blowing but by the time we got to the lake it came up. It was blowing so hard that there were white caps but it didn't stop us from launching the boat. The wind was coming out of the south so when I picked up Larry at the dock I had to remember to go to the left of the dock that allowed the wind to drift me to the right, I picked him up very well. Once he was on board we boated across the lake in hope of getting water good enough to Air Chair. While we were going across the lake I noticed I had cut myself on the leg. I jokingly said I couldn't get in the water because I didn't want to get an organism in my body, we joked about it but there have been cases where people have lost limbs caused by an organism getting in the body through an open wound. We didn't get in the water but we floated in the boat. My wound wasn't really the reason we didn't do anything, it was because the water was rough. I dropped Larry off at the dock very well but when I tried to get the boat on the trailer I had a problem. I was coming in too fast and didn't backup fast enough so I hit the poles on the trailer. I got the boat stopped and Larry had to walk in the lake and guide the boat on the trailer. Then he winched it up on the trailer. While at the lake we saw a group of teenagers fishing and swimming. They were having a great time. When we got back to the house we put the boat in the garage. Then we went in the house and said hi to Flo. She was very happy to see us.

Boating at Lake Stillhouse Hollow

Reading is fun
I finished reading The Doll last night so I started ready the next book in the Michael Vanessa Monroe series, The Vessel. Larry checked this book out of the library by downloading it on our tablet. This is so cool. While reading I did a little laundry and Larry wrote his review of the Gladiator Gear Track.
In the evening we went to Allemande Hall for our A lessons. Tonight we finished up the last of the A1 moves. Next week we're going to having a graduation dance. We're very happy about finishing up the A1 moves. In September we'll start the A2 moves. We had a great day.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth