Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, August 14, 2016

8-13 Oops, Not Flo's Birthday

Not Flo's Birthday
I was so excited when I woke up yesterday, it was Flo's 14th birthday. I sang to her, we took her swimming to celebrate. In the afternoon it dawned on me that her birthday was September 12th, not August 12th, oops. Larry asked me how I knew and I couldn't explain it, I just remembered. I went to her file to make sure about the date. I have been telling everyone that Flo was going to be 14 this year but when I checked out the date I found out she will only be 13. I'm so embarrassed, I don't even know how old my kid (dog) is. Sorry, Flo I made you a year older than you are. The average life span of a Labrador Retriever is 10 - 12 years, next month she will have out lived this by a year.


There was a chance of rain today so we didn't go to the lake. Instead we loaded Flo into the car and went for ride. While riding around we stopped by Walmart to pickup a few items. Yesterday, when we were watching the news they mentioned that The Teddy Bear Festival was going on this weekend. It is a fund raising festival for Caring for Gods Kids. It's an organization that helps the youth in the area. The festival has arts and crafts booths, food vendors, a car show, wagon rides, play area for kids and live music. We weren't sure if we were going to attend but we didn't have anything else to do so we went. It was cool enough to leave Flo in the car. It took place on the 30 acre grounds of the Bend O' The River Park in Temple. It cost $5.00 a piece to get into the festival. We were a little disappointed, there were not a lot of booths and the car show was very small. After walking around we returned to Flo. Then we continued our riding. We drove around a few new housing developments just to see how much the area is growing. On the way home we stopped by Taco Bell for lunch.

 
A few of the cars at The Teddy Bear Festival
The rest of the day we relaxed around the house. Larry and I read. We watched YouTube videos. I worked out for a half hour with Just Dance 2016, While we were relaxing a short rain shower came through, we have not had rain in such a long time that we were really looking forward to it, hope we get more. This time of the year it's Hatch Chili season so the other day when we went grocery shopping we picked up a new Hatch pork sausage and today I made enchiladas for dinner with it, they came out delicious. In the evening we watched the Olympics. I read until it was time to go to bed.

Rain this afternoon
  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth