Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, September 6, 2015

9-5 Wiener Roast

Cooking Dinner



Today was a very relaxing day at Fun Valley. People were leaving and people were arriving for a new week of fun and games. The dancing doesn't began until Sunday night. All day we just hung around the Minnie. Larry read, I did some Sudoku and Flo slept. I worked out for a half hour and Flo kept me company outside. I even took a little nap. In the evening Larry and I went over to Brad and Paula's cabin for a wiener roast. Jerry and Lucy Pate and dancers from all over Texas that knew Brad were there. Wieners were roasted over a camp fire, I cooked Larry's and mine and I had an extra one that I gave it to Lucy. I don't think I have ever roasted wieners before so it was a lot of fun figuring how to do it the right way. Along with the wieners we had a lot of snacks. We also put together and roasted S'mores over the campfire. I put the S'mores together and Jerry cooked them on the fire with a rack that made three at a time, this was so cool. While everyone was talking, laughing, eating and enjoying themselves it started to thunder and sprinkle rain so everyone decided it was time to call it a night. Jerry and I cleaned the table where we made the S'mores, chocolate had melted on it. We didn't want to leave a mess for Paula and Brad to clean up nor did we want to attract bears. The wiener roast was a blast, we met a lot of people and got to know people we have danced with a little more. 

Let the fun begin
A group of us roasting wieners
The S'mores are ready to be cooked
Clint roasting a wiener and Jerry making S'mores
           

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth