Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, September 12, 2015

9-11 Last Day at Fun Valley

Laundry Room
It's not all fun and games at Fun Valley, sometimes you have to stop and do laundry. That's what I did this afternoon. In the morning we had the finals of the games to determine you wins a trophy. Last night during the after party Paula came around and asked a few ladies if they would play in the miniature golf finals. No one had signed up for the golf. When she asked if I would I said sure. At 9:00 this morning all the men and women golfers and their caddies met at the golf course. The women played the first 9 holes and the men played the last 9 holes. The caddies did a great job of distracting the golfers. At the end of playing the women had a tie for first place so they had a sudden death play off. After the men finished playing the 18th hole the sudden death play off began. I had a super time playing golf and the match was real close. While I golfed Larry and Flo cheered me on. After finishing up the golf tournament I thanked my caddie. Then Larry, Flo and I went home to relax. While we were relaxing the women and men's horseshoes, women and men Polish horseshoes and paddle boat championships went on.


The golfers and their caddies
One of the caddies trying to distract a golfer

My caddie John Valkenaar and his wife Char looking on while I putt.
posing with a long horn at the golf course
In the evening we attended our final dance and the trophy ceremony. We had a super time. There were seven squares and a lot of round dancers. The theme tonight was the Hit Parade, Brad and Wade called the top ten and Jerry and Lucy cued the top 4 of each level of round dancing. The dancers dressed up for the dance. Brad and Wade did a great job of giving out the awards. It was very entertaining because of Jerry Pate. Jerry played a trophy man and gave the trophies to the ladies, while he was giving out the trophies he tried to give them a kiss but he had smeared ice cream all over his lips and the ladies would run away, this was hilarious. 

Lucy Pate and Brad Caldwell dancing while Jerry Pate cued
Ann and Morris Winkle round dancing

Larry and I in front of a giant bear in the hall
Martha and Tony Burghart and Jamie and Terry Pimm dancing

A couple round dancing in a beautiful outfits
   
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth