Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, October 15, 2016

10-14 Patriotic Project

Patriotic Shoes without stars
Yesterday, I decided not to go to the gym so Larry decided to work on a shoe project. Last month Larry converted a pair of my shoes from an off white to a patriotic color scheme, they came out great so he decided he would make a matching pair for himself. He had a pair of brown dress shoes that he doesn't wear, he decided to use these shoes on his conversion project. He started the project by cleaning the shoes with Acetone, this removes any leather protection from the shoe and removes the shine. He didn't have to buy any leather paint for this job considering he had more than enough left over from my shoes. The first color he applied was the white. He had to put six coats of white on to cover the brown. Later on he applied the blue. Before doing this he got my shoes and used them as a pattern. He applied five coats of the blue considering the blue covered the white easy. In between each coat of paint he used his heat gun to dry the paint. After applying the blue he stopped for the day. This morning he picked up the project from where he had left off. The next color was the red stripes. He taped off the area he didn't want to be red. His shoes are larger so he made the stripes wider than my shoes. He applied five coats of the red. After the paint had dried he removed the tape from the shoes. Next he had to do a bit of touch up work and now the shoes just need stars. They came out great.

The brown shoes ready to be transformed
Applying the white
The shoes are now white
Applying the blue
The shoe after five coats of blue
Putting on the red stripes

Drying so he can apply the next coat
Touching up  
While the blue was drying we had lunch and then Larry took me to the gym. I did the treadmill for 35 minutes and the weight circuit area for 45 minutes. The circuit is setup for 30 minutes but I was the only one there so I did an extra set on each machine. After I finished my workout we went home. Flo was very happy to see us. Flo surprised me by being on the couch, she hasn't been able to get on the couch by herself in a long time. After changing her medication she has been having great days. She can gets off the floor almost all of the time by herself and she has been walking between our legs which she hasn't been able to do for a long time, I hope this continues for awhile, I know she's old but it's great to see her more active.   

In the evening we watched a few shows on PBS through the ROKU. Two of the shows were short clips on dogs called Do Dogs Dream and Do Dogs Miss Us. These short clips were cute. We watched two POV episodes, the first was From This Day Forward, it was a documentary of a couple that was married for 35 years and the male was transgender. The second one was My Gal Rosemarie, which was a documentary of an elderly couple getting older. We also watched YouTube videos on RV Living. We enjoyed both documentaries. Then I worked on my book and played the daily challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth