Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

10-4 Exercise and Stuff

Autumn is here
Early this morning we got ready to go to the gym. While doing this Flo got excited, she wanted to go with us, so we decided to take her swimming at Rogers Park. We were there about a half hour. When Flo was swimming a fisherman said hi to us. I thought he was pulling his boat out but he was just putting it in. He told me that there was going to be a fishing tournament on Lake Belton and he wanted to map out the lake. Before a tournament some of the fishermen fish the lake for a few days before to find out where the fish are biting. I wished him luck. Flo didn't swim too long and she started to limp on the way to the car. Larry didn't park too far away but she was struggling to get back to the car. When we got back to the car Larry had to help her in the car. When we got back to the house Flo didn't want to get out of the car so Larry had to help her.

Swimming at Rogers Park
Once Flo got out of the car Larry took me to the gym, I only worked out for 45 minutes. I did the treadmill for 30 minutes. While I was cooling down I accidentally knocked the emergency stop cord off its pad and the machine stopped. I didn't want to restart the whole workout so I went to the weight area. While I was doing the treadmill I played with the timer on my Garmin vivofit 2 and it worked great it tracked perfect except the calories were off, the treadmill said 211 and the Garmin said 151. I worked out for 15 minutes on a couple hip abduction machines (one was for the inner thigh) and the glute abduction machine. I did three sets of ten reps on each machine. I would have continued working out but my body told me to stop so I did. I told Larry I was finished. He was surprised and teased me about not being there that long. From the gym we went home. For the last couple of weeks we have noticed that Flo's hearing is getting worse, she doesn't know when we get home. Even though her hearing has not been good for a long time she would still hear us when we came in the door, not anymore. I guess that's part of her aging. 

The EZVIZ Husky kit
After lunch I laid down for a couple of hours. While I was doing this Larry wrote a review on the EZVIZ Husky camera for The Seeds Program. Then he started playing with the Qsee HD security system. When I woke up he was in his work room playing.


 
About 3:00 I worked out with my Gold's Gym program for a half hour and Just Dance for a half hour. I haven't done this in weeks so it was a little rough. While I was working out I did a couple of loads of laundry. When I finished my workout Larry asked me about making him a salad for dinner. I don't make salads very often and he likes salads, I prefer to have a hamburger or something else.

Watching television
In the evening we watched YouTube videos and last week episode of The GizWiz show. Then we watched an episode of Art in the Twenty-first Century called Fiction. Fiction was about how four artists explore what stories means and how they come to have meaning their their arts. It's a good series. Then I worked on my book and played computer games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth