Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

10-25 Not Feeling Well

I wasn't feeling well today
This morning I woke up with an itchy throat and a headache so I decided not to go to the gym. I made breakfast and then I went back to bed. While I was sleeping Larry took care of Flo and caught up on his newspaper reading, I think it was three papers. I woke up a couple hours later and was feeling a lot better. After lunch I went outside and got the Minnie ready to go back to storage. I vacuumed it out and washed the floors. While I was cleaning the Minnie Flo got bored so she decided she would go for a walk. She was walking towards the boat ramp. I caught up with her when she was a couple doors down the road. She was happy I did. She didn't fight me she let me put the leash on her and we walked back. By the time we got back to the house she was done for the day.

Cleaning the Minnie
We were hanging around the house and Larry decided to do a home project. Last week he received a Defiant Motion Security LED Light from The Seeds Program so he decided to install it. He thought if he installed the the light on the back of the house where the yard has been getting rutted up maybe the light will scare the critters away. The Defiant Motion Security Light works off of solar or battery. The first thing Larry did for the project was decide where he was going to put it. He didn't want to drill holes in the brick pillars so he decided to hang the light from the Hardie board on the eaves. He didn't have to drill any holes in the Hardie because it already has holes. Instead he had to make the holes bigger on the light bracket. Then he looked for screws that were big enough to fit the holes, he was in luck, he had some. Then he screwed the bracket into the Hardie board and then hung the light. The next step was to install the solar panel. He decided to install it on the gutter but he didn't know how he was going to do this. Weeks ago we bought a couple of different covers for the gutters to help keep leaves out, his plan was to test them out and figure out which one worked the best before we purchased a bunch of them. Today Larry tried them both and decided to use the gray cover that snaps in the gutter. He didn't choose the silver one because it didn't fit flat and the clips were too hard to use. Once he put the cover on the gutter he installed the solar panel on the cover, it looks great. Maybe this light will help protect our yard from the critters.

The gutter covers we bought at The Home Depot
The Defiant Motion Security LED Light
Installing the bracket for the light
     
Installing the solar panel in the gutter
The finished product
After doing this home project I worked out for an hour on Just Dance and Gold's Gym. When I finished my workout I made dinner. In the evening we watched YouTube videos and streamed five episodes of Hardly Sound on the PBS Channel. The episodes we watched were Jad Fair, RTB2, YUM, Ralph White and Emcee Eats. The episodes were interesting about the musicians lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth