Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, October 1, 2016

9-30 Same old Stuff

Another gorgeous day
What a beautiful day, the temperature started out in the low 60s didn't get out of the low 80s. Today was a normal day for us. Started out by Larry taking me to the gym, I worked out for an hour, started off in the circuit workout area. It was suppose to be 30 minutes but it ended up being 45, fortunately the area wasn't busy so it was ok. I worked out on 10 different stations. The circuit worked my lower and upper body. After doing the circuit I stretched for 15 minutes. Larry read the paper and a book while I was working out. Afterwards we did our weekly grocery shopping at HEB. On to the house where I put the groceries away and then made lunch.

Working out at the gym

Grocery shopping
It was such a gorgeous day I decided to take Flo outside so she could sun but she had another idea, she decided she wanted to go to the lake for a swim. I didn't want her to walk down there considering the last time she was in such pain. She started to walk down the street towards the lake and I went inside to get her collar and leash. I caught up with her a couple of houses down the street, it wasn't that far away, I tried to get her to turn around and go back to the house but she got stubborn and planted her feet. I got stubborn and decided I would wait until she gave in. We did this stand off for a long time, Larry started wondering where we were so he came out of the house looking for us. Flo was laying in the neighbor's yard relaxing while I stood there holding her leash. Larry went back into the house and put on some shoes, then he came down the street and got her to get up and walk home. I was going to put her in the car and take her swimming but she was limping really bad. Larry said she was in too much pain to go for a swim, instead we went in the house. She was happy to go inside and collapse on the tile floor. She's having problems understanding she can't do as much as she use to when she was younger. Poor old girl.

Barbecuing the ribs on the grill
The ribs are ready to eat
Cornbread biscuits
When we were shopping we found a good price ($1.97 per lbs) on pork ribs so we picked up a rack. Larry was walking down the frozen bread isle at HEB and he came across cornbread biscuits that sounded good so we picked up a box. When it was time for dinner I barbecued the ribs. They were a little tough but they tasted great. In the evening we watched our YouTube videos and a documentary movie called Meru. The documentary was about climbing Mount Meru in India. It was a good documentary. While watching the documentary I cooked up some of the cornbread biscuits. The biscuits were good. We had a very relaxing day of doing not much of anything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth