Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Wednesday 7-29-26 Virtual Dance Day, Jukebox Project & Missing Bowl


 

Awesome Day!


We had an awesome day. The morning temperature was 75 degrees and the high was 98 degrees with the humidity of 42%. 




High Temperature


For the last two days I have been putting a small metal bowl with nectar in it on the back porch for the squirrel to drink. Larry and I have been fighting with a squirrel for awhile now. He kept climbing up the rail on the back porch to get to the bowl we have full of nectar for the humming birds. It made a mess and we had to spray off the area where the squirrel spilled the nectar. Then we had to chase down the bowl. We put Velcro around the bowl to hold it on the Command Strips. The squirrel figured out how to remove the Velcro from the bowl. That's when I decided to put the metal bowl on the porch. The squirrel has been drinking from it and the humming birds bowl hasn't been touched by the squirrel. I had a big surprise when I woke up this morning. The small metal bowl was gone. We looked everywhere, it was no where to be found. Larry looked through the back porch security camera footage from the early morning. He discovered a racoon was on the porch, it found the bowl and drank some of the nectar. Then it picked the bowl up in it's paws and walked away with it at 1:01 am. 

Years ago Larry had read, that racoons like shiny things. When they find anything shiny they will take it. There are signs around campgrounds we camp in to put everything away because they have masked bandits around. People have lost their car keys and other items. The signs have a picture of a racoon as the mask bandit. 



A cute racoon



I attended three virtual square dances.

First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 am for an hour. This week Di asked Loren Smith to cover for them because they had another engagement and wouldn't be back in time. He called four tips to 6 participants. He called the moves, that were added to the Plus moves from the A1 moves. He also called Spin-Chain-The-Gear and Exchange, Relay The Deucey and Coordinate, which are four couples moves. Larry danced with me and Liz from Canada was happy he did that way she could follow him dancing. She dances the man's position. We had a super time dancing to Loren and with friends from United States, United Kingdoms and Canada.

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 pm for an hour. She called four tips to 15 participants. During the third and fourth tips she worked shopped Half Tag, Vertical Half Tag, Vertical Tag (3/4, 1/2, 1/4 and full tag. She explained what formation you were in. She didn't cue but she did say where you should be. I had a fun hour dancing to Ett and with friends from the United States, United Kingdoms, Canada, Australia and Germany.

Third was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:00 pm for an hour and a half. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave call the dance. The format was three tips of C1 to 7 participants, three tips of A2 to 9 participants and two trivial questions in between the A2 tips. It's always a small group but we have fun dancing with each and visiting in between tips. Dave, Karin and Greg did a wonderful job of calling the dance. I had a great evening dancing with friends.  




Get a partner and dance



While I danced and played games Larry continued learning Jukecab and how it works. He spent most of the time today redesigning a skin to work with the program.

In between the dances I played games and worked out. 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 36 minutes and 32 seconds to complete, which put me in 6th place in my group. I played Angry Birds Friends and Angry Birds 2. 

I worked out on the Wii Fit for 30 minutes with the Wii Fit Plus Routine. The routine was for 32 minutes but I only did three Aerobics exercises (Advance Step, Basic Step and Basic Run), two Balance Games exercises (Lotus Focus and Table Tilt), one Strength Training (Balance Bridge 6 reps), four Training Plus (Big Top Juggling, Rhythm Parade, Skateboard Arena and Snowball Fight) and two Yoga exercises (Triangle and Warrior). I did Perfect 10 to do the 30 minutes. I had a great workout.




Aerobics (Advance Step, Basic Step and Basic Run)





Balance Games (Lotus Focus and Table Tilt)





Strength Training (Balance Bridge)





Training Plus (Big Top Juggling, Perfect 10, Rhythm Parade, 
Skateboard Arena and Snowball Fight)





Yoga (Triangle and Warrior)



I worked out with the Synth Riders to four songs two times. The songs were Pursuit, Silver Stallion, The Curse and The End Of The Night. While working out with Pursuit I earned two outstanding scores, Silver Stallion I earned two outstanding scores and The End Of The Night I earned one outstanding score. I had fun working out with the Synth Riders.



Pursuit





Silver Stallion





The Curse





The End Of The Night




I played six games of pinball. I played three games on the mini cabinet, which were Pirate's Life, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Goonies. I played three games on the big cabinet, which were Bay Watch, The Beach Boys and Willow. I didn't get a new high score or on the board in any of the games but I had fun.



Pirate's Life (Mini)





Pirates of the Caribbean (Mini)





The Goonies (Mini)




Bay Watch (Big)



The Beach Boys (Big)



Willow (Big)


After the last dance we watched Stuart Little from our movies collection. When Larry went to bed I watched the next Mission Impossible movie, which was Mission Impossible-Dead Reckoning Part One from our movies collection. I ended up doing 4,000 steps.








 
         



        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth