Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, July 23, 2026

Wednesday 7-22-26 Three Virtual Dances, Crafting & More

 


Hot summer day


We had a very hot day. The high was 106 degrees and it felt like 119 degrees. Thank goodness for air conditioning.



Temperature on our Echo Show



Larry spent most of the day finishing his crafting project of a frontend loader. After he finished he said it was the hardest project he has done because of all the small pieces and all the detail the pieces had. The wheels were so complex he modified them to make it easier. The frontend loader came out great.



The frontend loader finished





The front of the the frontend loader





The back of the frontend loader




I attended three virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's weekly plus at 10:00 for an hour. Di called 5 tips to 11 participants. Terry called the first tip, It was short because he had a hard time breathing and calling at the same time. Di called the other four tips. She called, cued and danced at the same time. Larry danced with me. He was a great help to me and other dancers. Di worked on the moves, that were added to the plus program. They were Quarter Thru, Left Quarter Thru, Partner Hinge, Pass The Sea and 3/4 Thru. She walked us through moves we were having problem with. We had a great time dancing to Di and Terry and with friends.


Second was Ett McAtee's weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. She had original schedule the dance cancelled because she was in Denmark at their Nationals. She said she had a great time. She called four tips to 13 participants from the United States, United Kingdom, Sweden, Germany and Canada. I get frustrated at time because she doesn't cued or watch the squares to see if the dancers are having problem. I continued dancing to her because I want to keep up my skills. 




Dancers who attended Ett's dance



Third was Dave Eno's weekly C1/A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave call the dance. Dave Hutchinson was there but he didn't call. The format was three tips of C1 to 7 participants, three tips of A2 to 10 participants and two trivial questions in between the A2 tips. I had a great evening dancing to Karin, Greg and Dave and with friends. 




Dancers during the A2 session of the dance



In between the dances I played games and worked out.

I worked out on the Wii Fit for 30 minutes, I did my own routine, which was 12 minutes with two exercises from the Aerobics menu (Rhythm Boxing for 8 minutes and Super Hula Hoop for 4 minutes) and 18 minutes with five exercises from the Training Plus menu (Balance Bubble Plus two times for 3 minutes, Island Cycling for 3 minutes, Obstacle Course for 4 minutes, Perfect 10 four times for 4 minutes and Table Tilt Plus for 4 minutes. I had a good workout.



Aerobics




Rhythm Boxing





Super Hula Hoop




Training Plus





Balance Bubble Plus





Island Cycling





Obstacle Course





Perfect 10





Table Tilt Plus



I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Tri Peaks Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour, 6 minutes and 27 seconds to complete, which put me in 14th place in my group. I played Angry Birds Friends and Angry Birds 2.

I played eight games of pinball. I played four on the mini cabinet, which were Big Buck Hunter Pro, Fish Tales, Michael and The Big LeBowski. While playing Fish Tales I became high score #2, Michael I became high score #1 and The Big LeBowski I became high score #1. I played four games on the big cabinet, which were Beetlejuice, Sponge Bob's Bikini Bottom, Star Fox and The Beach Boys. While playing Sponge Bob's Bikini Bottom I got a new high score, which put me in 43rd place out of 74 participants. I had a great time playing pinball.





Big Buck Hunter Pro (Mini)





Fish Tales (Mini)





Michael (Mini)





The Big LeBowski (Mini)





Beetlejuice (Big)





Sponge Bob's Bikini Bottom (Big)





Star Fox (Big)





The Beach Boys (Big)





After Dave's dance we watched Hotel For Dogs. It was a cute movie about two orphans (brother and sister), who are trying to stay together. They open a hotel for abandoned dogs. After Larry went to bed I watched the fifth episode of the fifth season of Harry Wild on Acorn. Then I watched Mission Impossible from our movies collection. I ended up doing 2,000 steps.  
  

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth