Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, July 24, 2026

Thursday 7-23-26 Hot Day, Mowing, Jukebox & More


High temperature today at the house


We had a beautiful day of sunshine. The morning temperature was 80 degrees and the high was 99 but it felt like 116 degrees because the humidity was 39%. It's hot and we're only halfway into summer.

Before I got up Larry worked on the laptop he uses for crafting and other things. You might recall he replaced the keyboard on it. A couple of weeks ago the fingerprint reader quit working and while it is not totally necessary Larry had gotten used to using it and hates it when something is not working correctly. He suspected it was the cable that runs from the reader to the motherboard. He found a used cable and reader on Ebay for $6.50 shipped to him. This morning he took the computer apart and replaced the cable, sure enough that fixed it.

We started the day by going outside and doing a little yardwork. It was comfortable. Larry mowed the frontyard and the northside of the house between Marcos and our backyard. I felt guilty so I went outside and got the weedeater out and weedeated. I trimmed around the landscaping around the oak tree and around the block wall. I also weedeated around the edge of the driveway. I didn't finish the brick wall in the backyard because I ran out of line. I asked Larry if he would replace the line. He did and then he finished out the weed eating. After mowing Larry washed out our trash can because it was starting to smell. We were outside for a hour and a half.



Larry mowing



I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Free Cell Mini of 5 games. It took me 18 minutes and 57 seconds to complete, which put me in 35th place in my group of 50. I played Angry Birds Friends and Angry Birds 2.

One of the Jukebox guys (Jay) that Larry has worked with on software and hardware issues surrounding the software they use for their jukeboxes has now written his own jukebox software. One of the major differences is it works on Windows computers instead of Raspberry Pi's. Larry is really excited about this, Raspberry Pi's work via Linux based operating systems and he really dislikes this.

This new software is called Jukecab. Jay released it the other day and Larry purchased it. He wanted to play with it right away, but first he needed to finish the frontend loader paper project. Today he installed it Jukecab on the old Dell computer he uses for testing things. He spent the afternoon learning what it does and how it works. He then sent Jay a couple of suggestions and asked for his help on converting a skin he uses on Fruitbox to Jukecab. They traded a few messages back and forth, Jay is thrilled that Larry is really getting into Jukecab, he liked his suggestions and is happy to help.

Before he worked on the jukebox project he worked on a shelf that he has a few crafting projects on. Yesterday, we moved his crafting projects around to have his frontend loader, dump truck and excavator close to each other. Last night when we were in bed the shelf fell off the wall. The shelf was held on the wall with Command Strips. This morning he found out why the shelf kept falling off the wall. The wall wasn't flat it had a bow in it. He decided to move the shelf above the dining room window, where the wall was flat. The shelf looks great there. Once he relocated the shelf he removed the Command Strips by pulling their tabs. The strips came off clean. 




The truck projects on their shelves




Relocation of the shelf


I worked out with the Wii Fit for 45 minutes. I used the Strength Training, Training Plus and Yoga menus. I worked out with the Strength Training menu for 19 minutes using six exercises (Balance Bridge of 10 reps for 3 minutes, Sideways Leg Lift of 20 reps for 2 minutes, Single-Leg Extension of 20 reps two times for 6 minutes, Single-Leg Twist of 20 reps for 2 minutes, Torso Twist of 6 reps for 3 minutes and Tricep Extensions of 20 reps for 3 minutes). I worked out with the Training Plus men for 14 minutes using three exercises (Obstacle Course for 4 minutes, Perfect 10 four times for 5 minutes and Table Tilt Plus two times for 5 minutes). I worked out with the Yoga menu for 12 minutes using five exercises (Chair for 2 minutes, Half-Moon for 2 minutes, Palm Tree for 2 minutes, Standing Knee two times for 4 minutes and Warrior for 2 minutes). I had a great workout.


Strength Training (Balance Bridge, Sideways Leg-Lift, Single-Leg Extension, 

Single-Leg Twist, Torso Twist and Tricep Extensions)



Training Plus (Obstacle Course, Perfect 10 and Table Tilt Plus)



Yoga (Chair, Half-Moon, Palm Tree, Standing Knee and Warrior)


I worked out with Just Dance 2016 for 40 minutes to 10 songs. The songs were Hangover (Ba Ba Ba), Gibberish, Stadium Flow, Teacher, Heartbeat Song, Stuck On A Feeling, Let's Grove, Uptown Funk, You Never Can Tell and Copacabana. I had fun dancing to these songs.


Just Dance 2016 songs



While I played games and worked out I did laundry.



Doing laundry



I played eight games of pinball. I played four on the mini cabinet, which were Batman Forever, Elvira Scared Stiff, No Good Goffers! and Red & Ted's Road Show. I played four games on the big cabinet, which were Big Trouble In Little China, Medieval Madness, Sponge Bob's Bikini Bottom and Willow. While playing Sponge Bob's Bikini Bottom I got a new high score and became high score #1. I moved into 27th place out of 79 participants in the weekly challenge. I had fun playing pinball.





Batman Forever (Mini)






Elvira Scared Stiff (Mini)






No Good Goffers! (Mini)





Red & Ted's Road Show





Big Trouble In Little China (Big)



Medieval Madness (Big)



Sponge Bob's Bikini Bottom (Big)



Willow (Big)


While I played pinball we watched YouTube videos.

In the evening we watched Captain Marvel from our movies collection. When Larry went to bed I watched Mission Impossible II from our movies collection. 

I end ups doing 5,000 steps. I worked on my puzzle when I had time.



  




    





     



     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth