Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, July 17, 2026

Thursday 7-16-26 Just Another Day Having Fun

 


Hot Humid Day


It was very humid all day. Most of the day it was overcast. In the afternoon the sun came out. The morning temperature was 73 degrees and the high was 90 degrees at 4:00 pm. At 9:00 pm the temperature was 81 degrees with the humidity of 66 %. at the house. The weatherman predicted rain but we only got a few sprinkles at dinnertime. 


Temperature at the house at 9:00 pm

 

A couple of weeks ago Larry replaced the keyboard on the laptop he uses for crafting. He only replaced the keyboard not the entire assembly, the keyboard was not designed to be replaced this way but he thought he would give it a try. He was not thrilled with the results and a few days later the fingerprint reader stopped working, it is actually separate to the keyboard. In order to get the entire keyboard assembly he had to order it from Ali out of China, it was delivered this morning. He spent a couple of hours installing the new keyboard. He took the computer apart and installed the new keyboard. Then he put it back together. The new keyboard is perfect but the fingerprint reader still does not work. This is not important but he will try to fix it by replacing the cable and reader. 



New Keyboard




Larry started working on another greeting card. He is choosing what paper he wants to use.

During the weekend our Echo Shows (Alexa devices) were updated to Alexa Plus. When Amazon updated the devices they changed the voice. Larry changed the voice on one of the devices to a voice he likes better. The screen on the Show changed the location of the clock and the size got smaller. We haven't decided if we like the update or not.


 

Echo Show Update



Every other Thursday the mowers come and mow. Sometimes they fall behind because of rain and they may miss us but they do make up for it. We had a lot of rain a couple of days in a row so we thought for sure they won't be here. They surprised us when they showed up at 2:30. In fact two trucks showed up. It only takes them 10 or 15 minutes to mow both yards, weed-eat and blow off the front porch and driveway. We were glad they showed up because Larry was planning on mowing in the next couple of days. 


I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 28 minutes and 41 seconds to complete, which put me in 15th place in my group. I played Angry Birds Friends and Angry Birds 2.

Yesterday, while I was working out I twisted my right knee so it's a little sore so I did a short workout. I worked out on the Wii Fit for 31 minutes. I worked out with the Balance Games for 15 minutes I did four exercises (Penguin Slide two times for 4 minutes, Ski Jump three times for 3 minutes, Ski Slalom three times for 3 minutes and Table Tilt once for 5 minutes), Training Plus for 5 minutes I did one exercise (Perfect 10 three times) and Yoga for 10 minutes I did five exercises (Chair for 2 minutes, Half Moon for 2 minutes, Palm Tree for 2 minutes, Sun Salutation for 2 minutes and Warrior for 2 minutes). I was an easy workout but fun.


Balance Games




Penguin Slide




Ski Jump




Ski Slalom




Table Tilt



Training Plus




Perfect 10



Yoga




Chair




Half Moon




Palm Tree




Sun Salutation




Warrior




I played eight games of pinball. I played four games on the mini cabinet, which were Great Houdini, Monster Bash, Tales of the Arabian Nights and World Poker Joker. While playing Great Houdini I became high score #3. I played four games on the big cabinet, which were AC/DC, Big Bang Bar, No Fear and Star Fox. While playing AC/DC I got a new high score for the weekly challenge and became Grand Champion. Once my score is approved I'll be in 57th out of 60 participants. I had fun playing pinball.




Great Houdini (Mini)




Monster Bash (Mini)




Tales of the Arabian Nights (MIni)




World Poker Joker (Mini)





AC/DC (Big)




Big Bang Bar (Big)




No Fear (Big)




Star Fox (Big)



We watched YouTube videos.

In the evening we rented 1988 Beetlejuice on Amazon and watched it. It's a cute comedy movie about a deceased couple spirits were being harass by a family, who move into their home. We enjoyed the movie. When Larry went to bed I finished watching the fifth season episodes, that are available of Harry Wild and started watching the fifth season of My Life Is Murder.    

While watching television the family of deer came to visit. I worked on my jigsaw puzzle Horse of Iron. I ended up doing 2,000 steps. 

  





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth