Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Tuesday 10-22 (Post No 2) Mini Waffle Maker

Just having fun

Two blog post today, one on our Mini Waffle Maker and the other is my normal daily post.

While we were on the road I blogged about making mini waffles for breakfast. One of our friends from Georgetown asked about our mini waffle maker.

A couple of years ago a tech show we watch reviewed the Dash Mini Waffle Maker. We thought this would perfect for us. We bought one at Bed Bath & Beyond for $10. We have a large Belgian waffle iron that Larry's sister gave us years ago that we love but as we have gotten older we now eat smaller portions, the mini waffle is perfect.  We use it a lot both at home and on the road. It makes great waffles and is very small so it is easy to store. 

When I make the mini waffles I use a complete pancake mix. I make the batter according to the directions. I let the batter sit for 5 minutes. While the batter is setting up I plug in the mini waffle maker, it only takes 2 to 2.5 minutes to heat up. Once the time is up I put the batter into the maker, be careful you can over fill the maker. There is a light on the waffle maker that tells you when the waffle is done. We like our waffles a little crunchy so I use a timer between 3 and 3.5 minutes. The waffle comes out perfect every time. The waffle maker comes with recipes for making different waffles but it doesn't tell you how long to bake the waffle or how much batter to put in. It does tell you to spray the waffle maker before cooking because the waffle will stick. I don't because the waffle doesn't come out as crispy as we like. It doesn't normally stick, I just use a fork on the edge and it falls off the top. 

Larry looked on the web today and discovered it is a little difficult to find these. Bed Bath and Beyond showed them out of stock online, they might have them in the store. Amazon shows they are out of stock, Walmart was out, our local Target shows they are in stock for $10 and Kohl has them online for $17.


Dash Mini Maker Waffle

Opened

Batter poured in

The blue light is on

Waffle being made

The finished product
 
The Belgium Waffle Maker and the Mini Waffle Maker

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth