Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, March 13, 2017

Sunday 3-12 Finished the Magical Unicorn Puzzle

Doing jigsaw puzzles are fun
A couple years ago I started putting jigsaw puzzles together. The first puzzle I assembled was Bonnie Marris Dogs Day made by Buffalo which had 1000 pieces. It took me a week to assemble it so I decided the next puzzles would have more pieces. The next puzzles I worked on had 2000 pieces. I assembled 9 puzzles in 2015 and 3 of them were 1000 pieces. I bought the puzzles from three different companies (Buffalo, Mega Puzzles and Ceaco). I found that the Buffalo puzzles pieces were better made. But I still had fun assembling all the puzzles. I assemble the puzzles on my dining room table but I use a large piece of cardboard under the puzzle so that I can move it if we need to use the table.

Last year I assembled 4 puzzles. One of them was only 600 pieces, this puzzle was given to me by Louise. It was called Dog Park made by Bits and Pieces. The cool thing about this puzzle was that once it was assembled it was a Golden Retriever with other breeds of dogs. The pieces were very well made. I had a great time assembling it. I didn't do as many puzzles last year because we were busy learning A moves in square dancing.

Dog Park puzzle

For Christmas I received a few jig saw puzzles as gifts. In January I decided to assemble the Magical Unicorn Forest and finished it today. It was made by Chamberart. It took a long time to do this puzzle because I didn't start concentrating on it until last week. This puzzle had 2000 pieces but the pieces were very small so this made it very challenging. The puzzle had a lot of fall colors which also made it challenging. The finished puzzle size was 22 X 29, which is the same size as the poster that came with it. I enjoyed doing this puzzle.

While I was finishing up my puzzle Larry read. We watched our YouTube videos.

All 2000 pieces of the Magical Unicorn Forest puzzle before assembled
The finished puzzle
In the evening we watched Norm of the North movie via Amazon. It was a cute movie on how a polar bear name Norm saved his Artic home from humans. Then we watched Dr. Blake Mysteries on KLRU. We had a very relaxing day hanging around the house.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth