Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, January 9, 2017

Sunday 1-8 Lets Go for a Ride

Lets go for a ride
It's Sunday and we don't have any dances on Sundays so Larry suggested that we go for a ride. We drove around the small towns in the valley. Last week we drove to Rio Grande City and today we decided to drive the other direction. We drove around downtown McAllen, it appears that the downtown is alive and well. There were lots of stores and a large bus depot that looks like a major hub for transporting people back and forth to Mexico. We noticed a few of the city buses were electric. We had a very nice drive.

On the way home we stopped for lunch at Dennys but there was a line waiting to get in so we went across the street to McDonald's. It was a bit early for lunch, Larry had the hot cakes and I had a sausage biscuit and hash browns. Afterward we went home to Flo, where we stayed the rest of the day.

 In the afternoon I took Flo for a walk around the RV Park. By the time we got home Flo was tired and she decided to stay outside. I put her on her chain and then I did a little workout. While we were outside Larry went down and took a shower. When he returned I went to take a shower and afterwards I walked around the park three times to get in my steps. The other day when I was walking around the park I clocked how far a lap is. I found out that if I walked around the park three times I had walked 1.12 miles and it would be about 3000 steps. I did this on my Garmin Vivo2, I have over 900,000 steps since I have had it. It gives me motivation to exercise and I still enjoy using it.. 

For dinner I made Larry a salad and I had a couple of tostadas with Colby Jack  cheese and salami. I baked some chocolate chip cookies for dessert. After dinner we watched Sherlock on PBS. We had a very nice day.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth