Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Tuesday 1-3 Dancing with Joe and Randy






I can't believe we have been in the Rio Grande Valley for a week already. We have been having a great time and we're starting to get into a routine, some days are about the same and others are a bit different. Today we attended two dances, an A2 Dance and DBD Dance.

Line dancing with Karen Tripp
The A2 dance was with Joe Saltel at the Tropic Star in Pharr. The dance was at 10:00. He had eleven squares and in between the square dancing tips Karen Tripp cued line dances. Joe made the dance very challenging by putting us in different positions and called some calls that aren't usually called. Larry and I danced every square dancing tip and I danced all the line dances. After the regular dance Joe did a Hot Hash A2 tip. We weren't going to dance this tip but they needed another couple so we decided to get up and dance. This tip was really fast and we weren't sure how well we would do, we ended up doing very well. We had a super time.

By the time we got home it was time for lunch. Flo had a great day. When we drove up to the Minnie she had her feet on my seat in the cab looking out the windshield. She use to sit on my seat all the time to watch people but she can't climb on the seat anymore. When she saw us she was very excited and met us at the door. After lunch I took her for a walk then I kicked Larry and her out of the Minnie so I could do a little housework. After being here a week our Minnie needed to be cleaned. I took all the rugs out and shook them out and then I swept out the Minnie. I cleaned the bathroom which didn't take long considering it is very small. When I finished cleaning the Minnie I told Larry and Flo they could come in, Larry said he was ok so they both stayed outside. While they were sitting outside I baked some cookies (salted caramel). When the cookies were finished it was getting hot outside so Larry and Flo decided to come inside. Speaking of hot, on Monday it was 93 and today it cooled down to 87, it has been 15-20 degrees warmer than average. Suppose to be cooler the next couple of days.

On Tuesdays at the park they have a Jam session. It starts at 1:00 and is over about 3:00. We didn't go over to it. Larry and I wanted to go take a shower so we waited for the jam session to be over to do so. After we took our showers we relaxed and I made dinner.

Randy trying to get the dancers in the formation he called
Having fun dancing to Randy
Randy Dougherty calling his DBD Dance
In the evening we attended a DBD Dance with Randy Dougherty at Pharr South. When we arrived at the hall no one was there and the hall was dark, we thought maybe there wasn't a dance. Shortly after we parked the car Randy's lady showed up and opened the doors and turned on the lights. People started to show up about five minutes later. We ended up having two squares and an extra couple. Randy is a very talented caller, he puts you in very weird positions that are challenging but they can be very confusing. Most of the dancers that showed up we have danced with multiple times, some of them we dance with in Tool. We had a good time. 

We had an outstanding day of dancing with friends old and new.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth