Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Monday 10-2-23 Nevada County Fairgrounds

Camping at Nevada County Fairgrounds

We had another great day. 

I crawled out of bed about 7:00 I thought it was 8:00 until Larry told me it wasn't. I made pancakes for breakfast. Then we started to get the Minnie ready to leave. Once putting everything away and securely in place I put in the step and we were on the road once more by 8:15. 

Larry drove about 160 miles. It was four and two lane highways. As we drove we saw a lot of orchards of fruit such as plums and peaches. The orchards went away and we saw farmfields. At times the highway was curvy. We stopped at Walmart before leaving Redding. We were getting low on some items. This Walmart had plastic recycled bags for $.10 and the plastic bottles of Coke had a $.10 cover fee. We had to buy one of the bags and we bought four bottles of Coke. The plastic bags here are very thick and you can reuse them. Once I put everything away we were back on the road.

We arrived at Nevada County Fairgrounds in Grass Valley, California about 12:30. The office is closed on Sundays and Mondays so Larry had to see the camp host. He had no problem getting a site because the RV park was big. Some sites had full-hookups for $50, electric and water $35 and dry camping $30. If you're not camping and use the dump it's $20. We got a super lot right by the restrooms. 

The park is gorgeous with tall pine trees and the sites are big. The road is paved. The restrooms have showers. There is a small fishing lake called Lion Lake. They have Canadian geese. The welcome area had flowers, an old milk can and a nice welcome sign. The office is a small A-frame building with a buggy. 

Nevada County Fairgrounds RV office 

The welcome sign

Me and my new friend the bear

Lion Lake

After connecting the Minnie to power we had lunch. Then we relaxed with a book. While relaxing we watched a few RVs come in. The host came by to get some information from us. She told me that they just got over having a Celtic Festival and people wanted to come into the park and camp. We saw a few vintage RVs come in. A gentleman came with a flatbed truck to take golf carts away that were used for the festival. He made a couple of trips and loaded eight carts on the truck at a time. One of the trips was in the dark. He was good at backing the truck up in dark. 

 1965 Boles Aero 

 

The one I walked through

 

 A vintage truck pulling a vintage RV

After dinner we walked around to check out the campground. After Larry went inside I continued walking around. I asked the campers with the vintage RVs if I could take a picture of them. They said sure thing. One of them let me go inside. It was pretty and looked like new. They said they just left an event, that had 200 vintage RVs and some of them were on their way here for the weekend. They just came early. 

By the end of the day I had done 15,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group. This is a good beginning for the week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth