Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Saturday 2-27 Dancing with Don Moger and Friends

 

Foggy Day

We had a dreary day with fog. In the afternoon the wind came up and blew a lot of leaves on the back porch. According to our Echo Show it got up to 78 degrees.

Larry started the day by going to town to pick up a few things. His first stop was Walmart, Walmart is still struggling on restocking items from the winter storm last week. They are still limiting people to one bread item. Then he went across the road to HEB. He hadn't been in HEB in awhile so he picked up a few items we can only get there: seasoned pork loin, Rhodes frozen bread loafs. He said that the HEB was well stocked and no limit on bread products. Its nice to have two different stores to do your grocery shopping.

 


 

Shopping at HEB

I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 39 minutes and 5 seconds, which put me in 6th place in my group. I did a few Sudoku games and Jewel games.

While I did my games Larry worked on a paper project with the Cameo. He found the file on the project and downloaded it. Then he separated the pieces to be cut. Next he cut the pieces out. Before assembling the pieces he watched a video. After watching the video he assembled the pieces.

We attended two virtual square dances. The first was Don Moger and Ross Howell C1/C2 at 12:00 for an hour and a half. Don and Ross called three tips of C1 and three tips of C2. We attended the C1 session. We had 66 participants. Ross called two tips and Don called one. We had a great time.

The second one was Don Moger's Saturday Night Fever at 6:00 for an hour and a half. This week Don invited Steve Kopman to come and call with him. The dance was 4 tips of A2, 2 tips of C1 and 1 tip of C2.

 


 

For dinner I cooked coconut shrimp. Larry knows I like shrimp so when he was in HEB he picked some up, we hadn't had any in a very long time. They came out good. 

After the last dance we watched a couple documentaries on Amazon. The first was Blazing Barriers, which was a movie made in 1937 about the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). It was about to young hoods who joined the CCC to turn their lives around, away from the life of crime they were headed for. It was a good movie. The second one was The Ship Sinkers, which was about a company of people who are called to sink old vessels. The vessels are sunk to make artificial reefs for divers and fish. It was a very good movie because it showed the process the vessel goes through before it is sunk. Then I started the second season of Tin Star. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in third place in my group.     

2 comments:

  1. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an extremely long comment but
    after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear.
    Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
    Regardless, just wanted to say fantastic blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the problem you had with the comment. Due to a problem with spammers I turned on approval of comments. When someone makes a comment I get an email and must approve the comment before it shows up.

      Delete

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth