Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Saturday 2-13 Valentine Dance with Di and Kevin

 


It's cold

It's still cold, started out at 25 degrees and only made it to 30. We stayed indoors and kept warm. The ice is starting to melt off the roof but not the ground. This wintery weather is suppose to be with us for about a week.

In the morning I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 22 minutes and 16 seconds to complete, which put me in 26the place in my group. I did some Jewel games and Sudoku games.

We attended two virtual square dancing. The first was Dayle Hodge's Workshop on Four Couples A1 Moves. It was at 11:00 for an hour and a half. Dayle had 48 participants. He did three tips. He is a good teacher. One group had four couples which made a full square, this helped a lot because you can pin them and know where you need to be. Some of the moves weren't bad for us because we have been doing them in other workshops. We had a great time.

The second one was Di Green and Kevin Lovell's Valentine Dance at 2:00 for an hour and a half. It was a Plus Dance and had singing calls so I danced by myself. While Larry watched and got his next paper project ready. Di and Kevin are both from the U.K. and they're great callers and have beautiful voices. They had 63 participants during the dance. They both called three tips a piece. A lot of dancers wore red to celebrate Valentines Day. I had a super time.

 

Getting ready to dance

Promenading myself home

Zoom screen of 25 dancers

Barbara from Germany dressed in a red rose square dancing outfit 

Terry and Di 

Kevin and Annika 


Our friends Donna and John from Colorado

      

After the last dance we watched YouTube videos. In the evening we relaxed in front of the television. We watched an episode of GizWiz and a documentary on Amazon called Jasper Mall, it was about the manager of Jasper Mall in Jasper Alabama and how he's trying to keep it alive. Then I finished watching the first season of Law & Order UK and started the second season. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in fifth place in my group. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth