Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Saturday 2-20 Super Saturday


Super Saturday
 

We had a super day. It started out cold but by the afternoon it got into the low 50s. The sun was shining so most of the snow and ice melted. 

During the freeze when we didn't have power I still made sure I fed the birds. We didn't hang the birdfeeder because we weren't in the house to keep an eye on the squirrels but I did put out bowls on the porch. Because of the ice I couldn't get down the stairs to the backyard so I didn't put a bowl under the tree. The squirrels visited us in the morning and early afternoon. They didn't have to look for food. When they left the birds came. We had more birds during the freeze than before. During the freeze we sometimes had fifteen birds on the porch. There were three bowls and either the squirrels or the birds would knock them over so the seeds would be scattered on the porch and the birds loved that. I think the birds prefer to have the seeds on the porch than in the bowls. This was great to see. 

Today we hung the feeder and we had to chase the squirrels out of it a few times. The birds continued coming to eat. During the freeze we didn't see the deer but last night they returned. I still couldn't get down the stairs so I threw the seeds on the ice and snow for them. Today after the snow and ice melted I went under the tree and sprinkled birdseed under the oak tree so the deer could have something to eat. I love watching the wildlife.

Usually on Saturdays we don't square dance but today we attended two dances. The first one was Dayle Hodge's Four Couple Workshop for A2 moves at 11:00 for an hour and a half. We had 50 participants. This week the group that had four couples only had two couples, which was too bad. We had a great workshop with Dayle. He is very good on explaining the moves and where the dancers should be.

The second one was is a new weekly dance. Don Moger's Saturday Night Fever at 6:00 for an hour and a half. The formation for the dance was four tips of A2, two tips of C1 and one tip of C2. This week Don invited Dayle Hodge to come and help call the dance. We had 93 participants for the A2 and 78 participants for C1. The first tip of the A2 Don called and the second tip Dayle called. The other two tips Don and Dayle switched off. For the C1 tips don and Dayle switched off. We had a fun night of dancing to Don and Dayle.

 


 

In between the dances I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Spider Mini of 5 games. It took me 10 minutes and 11 seconds, which put me in 5th place in my group. I did a few Mahjong games and Jewel games. I worked out with Gold Gym's for a half hour and Just Dance for a half hour. 

 


 Working out

Larry worked on a couple of paper projects on his Cameo. Larry called his mother today and wished her a happy birthday. We watched YouTube videos. 

After the last dance we watched a documentary on Amazon called Off The Rail, which was about Darius McCollum. It was a true story about Darius, who suffers from Asperger syndrome. his overwhelming love for the transit system has landed himself in prison 32 times because he impersonated New York City bus drivers and subway conductors and driving their routes. It was very good. Afterwards I continued watching the third season of Law & Order UK. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me second place in my group with 156,104 steps.

     

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth