Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Friday 2-12 Day Two of Winter in Texas

 

Another Cold Day

The temperature stayed in the high 20s all day so the ice stayed around the yard. When I fed the squirrels, birds and deer under the oak tree I has to be careful because the stairs still had ice on them. We stayed inside and kept warm under the heater. This cold weather is suppose to stay around until late next week.

We attended two virtual square dances. The first one was Joe Uebelacker's C1 at 10:00 for an hour and a half. We had 11 participants. Joe is still learning about Zoom so in between the tips the dancers gave him suggestions on how to improve the dance. Joe put us in positions we weren't use to be in, this made it challenging. Joe ended up calling five tips. We had fun.

The second was Di Green's Weekly C1 Workshop at 2:00 for an hour and a half. This week Di worked on the Concentric Concept. This concept is hard with all eight people and when using phantoms it is even harder. Di is a very good teacher so that helps. We had a great afternoon dancing to her calling.

In between the dances I worked on doing the Daily Challenges and the Event: Free Cell Mini of 10 games. I got stuck on two games so I only completed eight games. I gave up after working on the games for 1 hour, 10 minutes and 28 seconds. 

While I was playing my games Larry finished a paper project. Juliet is a card design but Larry modified the project, he made it smaller and designed it so he could put her in frame. He made the frame out of paper. It came out outstanding.

 

Today's Juliet


Juliets Larry made and framed

We watched YouTube videos and an episode of the GizWiz. In the evening we watched a documentary on Amazon called Down The Fence, which was about horse trainers and their journey to compete in the Reined Cow Horse Championship. It was very good. Then I watched a few episodes of Law & Order UK. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in fourth place in my group.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth