Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Wednesday 2-17 Day 3 of No Power

 

It's cold

Today was day number three with no power. We are so thankful that we have the Minnie to keep us warm. The generator has not run out of fuel and continues to run. It runs on gasoline and burns about a half gallon an hour, we had a full tank of 35 gallons but there is a safety shut off point so you don't run your RV completely out of gas, we don't know when we will run out of fuel. Tomorrow we'll have to try and get gas because we will be running out.

Last night we had a ice storm so everything is covered in ice. Larry chipped the ice off the step of the Minnie and the pathway he created from the Minnie to the house so we can get in and out of the house without falling.

The road is totally frozen over but a few vehicles have been making it in and out so tomorrow we will have to give it a try, hopefully it will warm up above freezing and things will start to thaw. On the news they said our temperatures have not risen above freezing in 7 days.

We have no idea when we will get power back on in the house, some neighborhoods not too far away have supposedly come back on. 

Larry and our neighbor Thomas texted each other in the evening. Thomas and his wife have a small baby, he told Larry that until the power comes on they are staying with relatives in Georgetown. He said if we need a gas container we are welcome to use the five gallon container in his backyard.

I have been doing my stepping inside the house, the temperature is 53 degrees but since I am stepping I stay warm, I even took off my gloves. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, this put me in second place in my group with a total of 77,392 steps.

I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Solitaire World Tour of 30 games. It took me 3 hours, 40 minutes and 28 seconds, which put me in 21st place in my group. Today was Event Wednesday so all the games points were doubled in the event. This works towards your stats. Then I played a few games of Jewel.

2 comments:

  1. wow and we are complaining because it is only 72 here in Mazatlan. Hope you get power soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol: Today 72 sounds really nice. They are saying we will be in the 70's next week. Thanks for following along!

      Delete

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth