Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, February 22, 2021

Sunday 2-21 Gorgeous Day - No More Snow

Where's the snow and ice

We had a gorgeous day with the in high in the mid 70s, our Echo Show showed 77 degrees. 

The day started out with a cloud covering and chilly and windy. By the afternoon the sun came out and the chill went away but the wind stayed. You would never know that a couple of days ago we were frozen in.

Larry started the day out by going to town to do grocery shopping. We usually do our shopping online and get it delivered to the house but due to the winter storm the shelves of the stores are bare so he decided to go and see what he could find. When he got home he said there was no produce or fruit and very limited meat, the frozen foods cases were totally empty. They had bread but were limiting you to one loaf. He was really fortunate and was able to get most of what I had on my list.

I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: World Tour Mini of 7 games. It took me 12 minutes and 53 seconds, which put me in 7th place in my group. I played a few Jewel games and Mahjong games.

Larry worked on a Easter paper project. I worked out using Just Dance for 45 minutes. we watched YouTube videos and an episode of GizWiz.

 

Working Out 

We attended three virtual square dances. The first one was Dayle Hodge's Four Couple A2 Workshop at 11:00 for an hour and a half. We had 39 participants. Dayle finished up doing all the four couple A1/A2 moves. Some people were struggling a bit. Dayle is a great teacher. We had a super time. 

The second one was Dixie Cups Bi-Monthly DBD at 1:30 for an hour. This week the club invited Ben Brown to call. We had 21 participants. He read too much and broke down the dancers by calling weird stuff. I struggled a bit and was getting frustrated but I hung in there and finished the dance. He called as he danced with his wife Ashley. I have to give him credit he tried hard to keep the dancers moving and he reviewed the moves when asked. 

The third one was Loren Smith's Weekly A2/C1 at 7:30 for an hour and fifteen minutes. This week Loren invited Ray Brandzy to come and help call the dance. During the A2 session we had 35 participants and the C1 session we had 28 participants. Ray called the first two tips of A2 and the first tip of C1. Loren called the third tip of A2, the C1 learn tip and the second C1 tip. During the teach tip Loren went through Tally Ho. We had a great evening of dancing. 

After the last dance we watched Wildorado - I am Angus, a documentary on Amazon. It was about a young Texas Ag Teacher and his class of high school agriculture students, against all odds they became the first student-led cattle company in the nation. It was very good. Afterwards I finished watching the third season of Law & Order UK and started the fourth season. 

I ended up doing 25,000 steps, which put me in second place in my group for the week with 181,140.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth