Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, February 12, 2021

Thursday 2-11 Winter in Central Texas

 


Winter Day

We had a very nasty day, started out with drizzle and it turned to sleet. By mid afternoon it looked like it snowed but it was ice. It didn't get out of the high 20s. It was very cold. 

Even the ice and cold temperatures didn't stop the wildlife from paying us a visit. As soon as Larry hung the feeder and put the bowls on the porch the squirrels came. When they left the birds showed up. When the birds slowed down I put food under the oak tree. It wasn't that long before a squirrel showed up to eat that food. There was a lot of activity on the porch for most of day. Later on I went back out to fill up the bowl under the tree, I had to be careful climbing down the stairs because there was ice on the steps. Shortly afterwards the deer showed up. We had 11 deer at one time. 

 

Ice under the oak tree in the frontyard


Ice on the railing 



Birds eating on the porch

We attended two virtual dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00 for an hour. We had 30 participants. Dayle called four tips. We had an outstanding dance.

The second was Jeremy Butler's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:00 for an hour. Jeremy called four A2 tips and one C1 tip. During the A2 tips we had 20 participants and during the C1 tip we had 17. We had a fun evening dancing to Jeremy and friends.

For the last couple of days Larry has been working on making a second clock, it came out very cute. Made with paper and a Styrofoam ball. 

 

The newest clock



Back of the clock where the battery goes
 

Both Clocks

While Larry worked on his projects I did the Daily Challenges and Event: Easy Street Mini of 5 games. It took me 8 minutes and 10 seconds, which put me in 11th place in my group. I also did a few Mahjong games and Jewel games.

After the last dance we watched a couple of documentaries on Amazon. First was Silverton Gold. It was about how Silverton Colorado and its residences adjusted from a mining town to a tourist town. It was very good. The second one was Life Adjusted, which was about Dr. Jay Komarek, who is a Chiropractor for horses and other animals. It was a great documentary. Then I watched a couple of episodes of Law & Order UK. I also watched an Amazon movie called The Secret Dare To Dream. It was about a single mother trying to raise three kids after her husband death. It was a cute movie about moving on. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in sixth place in my group.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth