Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, April 25, 2022

Sunday 4-24 Walking, Laundry & Rainy Day

 

We had another rainy day. It rained on and off all day. We woke up to rain. Then around 10:00 am it went away for a bit. Then it started to sprinkle around 3:00. By the evening we had steady rain. At times the rain came down hard.

After lunch we went for a walk. We walked the paved trail to the dam and the Corps of Engineers Visitor Center. We took an umbrella with us just in case the rain came back. The visitor center is very nice, it has a couple of floors and a beautiful observation deck that looks over the lake and dam. Unfortunately the visitor center is closed on Sundays and Mondays, who would have thought a visitor center on a lake would be closed on a weekend day, the good news was we could walk around the grounds. It had picnic tables, restrooms and good views of the lake. On the way back we walked the paved trail to a point where Larry thought we might be able to find a hiking trail, we found the trail on the other side of the road and we walked it back to the campground. If is doesn't rain we're planning on hiking this trail tomorrow. We ended up walking about 3.5 miles.

Our campground has a laundry right across the street from our site so after our walk I did a couple of loads of laundry. It is not often you find a campground with a laundry. The washer cost $2.00 and the dryer cost $1.25, which is very reasonable. The laundry room had a couple of signs that said it took 30 minutes for the washer and 45 minutes for the dryer. The dryers worked excellent, all the clothes were completely dry at the end of the cycle. While I was taking the laundry out of the dryers Larry came over with the umbrella, it had started to sprinkle. He helped me carry the clothes and held the umbrella so we wouldn't get wet. Thank you, Larry.

It's time to do laundry

If it wasn't for taking a walk I wouldn't have gotten any steps. I ended up only doing 10,000 steps. It was a bad week for doing steps. I ended up doing 146,290 steps for the week. I came in 9th place in my group.

We spent most of the day reading. Larry started and finished a book. I ended up finishing the 16th book and starting the 17th book of Guido Brunetti series. I got all caught up in my Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges. I did the Event: Klondike Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour, 20 minutes and 37 seconds to complete, which put me in 23rd place in my group.

 


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth