Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Monday 4-25 Too Much Rain

 

Camping at Table Rock 

It rained heavily through much of the night and into the early morning. I don't know how much rain we got but I am sure it measured in inches. The rain went away before I got up. It ended up being a beautiful day with sunshine. It got up to 59 degrees and a lite breeze.

The rain was gone and the sun was shining so after breakfast we decided to go for a hike. We got to the trail across the road from our site and our bubble was burst because the trail was too wet, there were huge pools on the trail. We decided to walk the lake trail to the visitor center. It is a paved trail and at a couple of places there were puddles. When we got to the visitor center we walked around the area to the entrance of the parking lot. They have two double gates, the center has the Corps of Engineers symbol of the castle. When the gates are open the castle is cut in half. It's a very nice gate. The volunteers campground is located by the entrance gates. We walked around for an hour and half.

When we got back we relaxed with a book. I played my computer games I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 5 games. It took me 8 minutes and 5 seconds, which put me in 16th place in my group.

In the afternoon I walked the lake trail. I ended up doing the whole trail, which was 2.2 miles from the marina to the dam. By the end I had walked 4.5 miles for an hour and a half. After dinner we went for another walk on the lake trail. We walked to the marina. Larry walked with me for 45 minutes and I continued walking I went to the Showboat Branson Belle. Then I turned around. I ended up walking for almost an hour and a half.

Showboat Branson Belle

 

Table Rock Lake Dam

 

Dewey Short Visitor Center

It's amazing, no matter when you walk the lake trail there are people walking, jogging, bicycling and walking their dogs. As we walk by people we say our hellos and everyone is very friendly.

By the end of the night I ended up doing 31,000 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth