Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, April 29, 2022

Thursday 4-28 Hiking & Rain

 

We had a super day.

The weather forecast today was isolated showers. We woke up with overcast skies with the temperature of 54 degrees. I crawled out of bed a little before 8:00 and made mini waffles for breakfast.

The weather report said it should rain in the afternoon. That was great news, we can go hiking. The trailhead was .8 mile from our site, there are 4 loop trails with 5 connections. The connections help you get to the different loop trails. The red trail was 3.1 miles, blue 3.3 miles, orange .7 mile and green 1.3. There were two ways for us to get to the trailhead. We could walk the Table Rock Lakeshore Trail to the maintenance buildings by the boat ramp or take the Chinquaapin Trail. We decided to take the Chinquapin trail, we picked it up across from the bathroom. We hiked through the amphitheater and down to the park office. Then we got onto the Lakeshore trail at the picnic area to the maintenance building. We crossed the highway to the trailhead parking lot. We hiked the red trail. The trails are marked with its color on the trees. The trail was very nice and not too challenging. It went up and down in elevation and through a forest, at places it was very thick. We hiked along a creek and crossed the creek in different places. There were a few places on the trail where it was muddy so we had to figure a way around or walk through the mud. We were about a mile into the hike when we met a lady. She said she was lost and didn't know how far it was to the parking lot. We told her she was a mile away and just follow the trail. During the hike it thundered a little and it started to sprinkle a couple of times. The trees protected us and the sprinkling wasn't hard and didn't last long. Larry found a watch that had fallen off someone's wrist. When we got back to the parking lot we walked across the highway and got on the Chinquapin trail. we took it back to the campground. By the time we got back we had hiked 5.5 miles. Today was cloudy, not a good day for pictures.

Hiking with friends

 It was too early for lunch so I played my computer games. Before I went to bed last night I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges. While waiting for lunch I played the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Spider and 5 Klondike). It took me 57 minutes and 59 seconds, which put me in 14th place in my group. Larry read.

We had a salad for lunch. After lunch I took a three hour nap. I was going to go for a walk but the weather report was correct, it started to rain about 2:00. It lasted an hour or so. But I slept through it. 

For dinner we had bacon sandwiches on dinner rolls. After dinner I walked the Lakeshore trail, it took me an hour and a half. While I was gone Larry went over and took a shower. When I got finished walking I went over and took a shower. I ended up doing 26,715 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth